YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I need to know a name for a part of a 1st stage that needs replaced. It's the bit that looks like a big shiny nut. It holds my A-clamp to the rest of the reg and has a filter bit inside it. I need to ask Aqua-lung for a new one and hence need to know what it is without requesting a wojja-ma-call-it!

I thank you all very much,
Peter

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

it's a whatitsname:D

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I had seriously bad problems with stoney cove trying to explain which O ring had gone in my regs.  It was an internal one - where the din fitting screws into the 1st stage which you have to use an allen key to get at.  Could they understand which o ring i needed - could they fook.  They even had the manual out.  In the end i had to post the whole set of regs down to them to be taken appart and buggered about with costing me £18.50 for postage and about £3 for the buggering about with them and o rings...    

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Feb. 16 2004,18:38)]I thank you all very much,
Bet you are glad you asked now Peter  

Well the Apeks reg have a "Yoke Clamp Screw" in the area you describe with a disc filter.

Or as it is probably known in service technician speak "A bastardclamp" when trying to remove it.

Daz

·
The King Of The Divan
1,848 Posts
Imported post

Wandering ever so slightly off topic now that Peter has his answer:

in answer to thingmyjig questions asked by newbies on wrecks ie "did you see that bit on the wreck", my standard answers when I don't have a scooby are:

if it is long and thin - "ah, thats a jib derrick"

if it short and stout - "ah, thats a thermal housing gasket".

Bluff yet to be called  

Simon

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

Thanks Daz, that sounds like just the chap. With a bit of luck they'll give me one as a freebie as it's metal failure.

The rest of you, don't give up the day jobs, comedy ain't gonna make your millions.

Snash, kinda similar, we used to send the trainee glaziers for packets of fallopian tubes. Worked every time!

Peter

·
Registered
862 Posts
Imported post

Well if your gonna get onto the old routine of sending apprentices for stuff at the stores try:

A long wait
Left handed paintbrushes
Stripey paint
Metric adjustable spanners
etc etc etc

The good old classics

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

tartan paint

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Had a South African guy working for me a couple of years ago, l sent him into a builders merchants asking for a 9" turd.  

1 - 15 of 15 Posts