YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may have the opportunity to dive Bridlington on the Monday Bank Holiday coming up. However, I've heard that the viz is and/or can be a bit suspect until June.

Is there anyone out there who can give me a first hand opinion please?

Thanks

·
Is fully Mod 1'd up
878 Posts
we are going out there on 9th june.... the vis is supposed to be good if you get out far enough... the dive we plan to do is a 4 hour boat ride away...

Adam

·
Is fully Mod 1'd up
878 Posts
Lol could be. . . the name of the site escapes me, i could be wrong but its a long way out

Adam

edit: its prob a 4 hour round trip.... silly me

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure exactly what the dives are (or where they are) but they'll be something like the Dolphin, UC 39 or Sota.

Are these 4 hours out or will it be a half hour steam and drop into soup?

Ta

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Not sure exactly what the dives are (or where they are) but they'll be something like the Dolphin, UC 39 or Sota.

Are these 4 hours out or will it be a half hour steam and drop into soup?

Ta
UC-39 is definatly not 4 hours out but then it depends on what sort of boat you are going out on.

Although the Sota might be.

What is the Dolphin then???

Gary

PS it is the wind that will make the viz out there, not so good.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
our organiser said:
Wreck Dive – Dolphin – Old steam trawler, 27mts, broken up but with good sea life.

UC 39- Old sub - 29mts still a bit smashed up but more intact than Dolphin.

Wreck Dive – Sota – 12mts– Sota was torpedoed and split in two. The front was towed into harbour and recovered the stern sank.
This is all I know

·
His Holeyness
2,198 Posts
UC-39 is definatly not 4 hours out but then it depends on what sort of boat you are going out on.

Although the Sota might be.
na na na na, Sote's nearer than the sub to Belvedere . . . in'it?

What is the Dolphin then???

Gary

PS it is the wind that will make the viz out there, not so good.
Nearest one I know of is HMS Pandora AKA Dolphin, up near Blyth . . . . now that could be 4 hours away, with a likkle seagull chugging away on the back of a 6mtr RIB :D

ColinM

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
na na na na, Sote's nearer than the sub to Belvedere . . . in'it?

Nearest one I know of is HMS Pandora AKA Dolphin, up near Blyth . . . . now that could be 4 hours away, with a likkle seagull chugging away on the back of a 6mtr RIB :D

ColinM

I Though it was Sota Edvardo that was being mentioned.

I have done the Pandora/Dolphin in Blyth and yes a bit further away than a 4 hours boat trip unless they have a flying boat.

Gary

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Is there much left of that UC39? I've not been on it for a great many years

I did UC39 last year and was VERY disappointed to find that more of it had been blown. You could tell with all the rusty (yes new rust) bits of metal and the crockery all over the sea bed. Did it about 5-6 years ago and there was much more of the outer hull.

It is however, still a very good dive. Not done it with viz under 8 metres and had 12-14 on it before.

Gary

·
Diver & Joshua's Daddy.
370 Posts
I havnt dived Brid yet this year, hopefully soon.
But there was a thread on here about a possible dive last weekend, when the viz was asked about on that thread Stuart M (one of the skippers of Providence / Kimberley) reported that it had been 1 to 2 mtrs the previous weekend.
Hes probably worth a quick PM requesting if he has a viz update, mind you theres a good chance he will reply to this if he has any more info.

By the way, the only way UC39, Dolphin etc are a 4 hour boat trip is if you happen to have stolen one of the kids chug boats from the boating lake.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I think you lot have mis under stood Adamr,s post.We are not diving the uc 39 or uc 75 we are doing some off shore stuff that will take about 4 hours to get to and 4 back.
cheers
Mark

·
East coast, think I dive there !
1,993 Posts
Sounds like your going around lightship or Pilsudski area Mark?

By the way the Sote is only 1.5 miles off shore so you wouldn't get a meter, I'll be out on Sunday so will post a viz report.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts