YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Wrecking the Plan
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody been out of Weymouth lately and can give us a viz / conditions report ?
Planned dive WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY/FRIDAY and judging by a few 'reports' it ain't looking too favourable at the mo' ? (but then to some I suppose less than 10 metres viz with dolphins and basking sharks would be sh*te
Paid up so going anyway .but if someone can give us a heads up on a recent dive it would be appreciated......

Cheers
db

·
Wrecking the Plan
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
?

Come on.............
Somebody must have been out over the weekend ? It cannot be all work and NO play
db

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Prolly somewhere between 1 and 2 metres or so on the Alex van Opstal (eastern side of Portland Bill) on Saturday.

But I'm crap at measuring vis.

dan

·
Proud to be "small minded" in the face of credulit
2,910 Posts
Yesterday, about 1 - 1.5m on the east and west side of the rock. Not quite crystal-clear... but quite diveable.

Regards,

Mark

·
Wrecking the Plan
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

Thanks to one and all ..especially the rather nice 'Big Pants'.....I will continue to dream of 15-30 metre viz.....warm waters ....sun ...calm seas...mermaids assisting my exit whilst passing me a tropical cocktail of fruit.....all those ingrediants that make UK diving the pleasure it is ..............pass me more pills ready for the Portland Harbour 3 day adventure! where once again we can play .......find your 'buddies'
db

·
Just another pikey diver...
1,993 Posts
Anyone else remember this time last year (well, end April)? Genuine 15-20m viz even inshore along the Dorset coast - never seen anything like it! Damn' temperatures this year mean we never got the clear stuff and just got the blooming crud stuff.

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
we 1-2m on the west side of the bill yesterday and it was rather dark.

John
Don't be sad John. It allows us to justify the spending of hundreds of pounds on big shiny torches! :D

pass me more pills ready for the Portland Harbour 3 day adventure! where once again we can play .......find your 'buddies'
db

Blimmin' great! Just what we need for our Adv. Nitrox and Deco course! :(

I guess on the plus side theyr.net - precision weather planner is showing force 2's on Saturday and 3's on Sunday at the moment! :)

Vis? Where we're going we don't need vis!

Simon

·
Guru
7,112 Posts
About 1 dark meter on the Binnedijk on Sunday :(

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Stop whinging about the bloom - the baskers aren't here yet, that means it hasn't even really started :D

·
Proud to be "small minded" in the face of credulit
2,910 Posts
Stop whinging about the bloom - the baskers aren't here yet, that means it hasn't even really started :D
Nah, due to their brains being the size of matchboxes, they've missed it. It's why there are so few of them. Darwin 'n' all that.

Regards,

Mark

·
Registered
220 Posts
Blimmin' great! Just what we need for our Adv. Nitrox and Deco course! :(

Vis? Where we're going we don't need vis!

Simon

[America Saves The World Tough Guy Drawl Mode]
Yeah baby, yeah
[/America Saves the World Tough Guy Drawl Mode]

[Reality mode]
*Whimper*
[/Reality mode]

Big Si, stop quoting Michael J Fox films and send me the answers to questions 4, 5, 6 and 9.

alice

1 - 20 of 32 Posts