YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
You dir'ty ole' man!!!!!
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's always nice if we can have the chance to look back on something that happened in our past and think "I did that", or "I went there" etc., you get my drift.
So, anyone seen someone famous, done anything famous?

I'll get the ball rolling:-

When I was in my junior years of school and living in Middlesbrough they signed an up and coming footballer called - Graeme Souness. At the time he was lodging at a friend of my mothers. So, without needing a second chance I went and did an interview with him for my school. With best pencil sharpened, a brand new exercise book and a tape recorder I was that interviewer for the night.

Never really got anywhwere, only in the school newspaper, but I was the dogs b*llocks for a time. What's more it was one of the first interviews he'd ever done, which made me feel great.

What's yours?

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
A certain footballers wife was my erm friend with benefits :embarassed: for a while when he was playing away so was she:embarassed: ooh and i played for england schoolboys :teeth:

·
You dir'ty ole' man!!!!!
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another was from my godmother who gave Princess Anne a parking ticket in London once after illegally parking , or having illegally parked her limo at a road junction, whilst she nipped into a shop.

One was not amused!!

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
Peter Purvis was at Lambton Lion Park when my school trip were there in 1976. I swam with Duncan Goodhew. I stood next to Peter Bowles at the Sir John Soanes museum. I had champagne with Margaret Thatcher's Dresser (and no, not her sideboard :)).

·
You dir'ty ole' man!!!!!
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Peter Purvis was at Lambton Lion Park when my school trip were there in 1976. I swam with Duncan Goodhew. I stood next to Peter Bowles at the Sir John Soanes museum. I had champagne with Margaret Thatcher's Dresser.
Where in the Lion Park did you swim with Duncan then. :embarassed:

·
Team Starburst
5,275 Posts
Bob

Mate and I literally bumped into Bob Geldof whilst on holiday in Majorca two years ago. We said hello and walked on.
Met wife and daughter in the bar and said you'll never guess what..........
Wife and daughter think it is another wind up........
Then Bob walks into the bar :)

·
Flying in thin air
192 Posts
Many many moons ago I was selected to give a short talk to the Queen. As you can (hopefully) imagine I very nervous, and was advised by protocol chappie that it would be like talking to your gran! He was dead right, she was amazing, putting me at ease and I had agreat time except she is very short and at over 6ft tall I ended up talking to top of her hat for most of the event.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
TV Appearances

Been on TV twice:

1, on News at 10 getting thumped by a copper during the Wopping Print Workers dispute when wearing my NCB donkey jacket and holding my SWP plackard.

2, representing Southern Rugby League against Russia at Wembley as a curtain raiser to one of the GB v Australia tests many years ago.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
1) Sat behind Rafa Benitez on a plane from Paris the day after the European Cup final 2006. Surreal situation; Man utd Fan getting an autograph for a Liverpudlian Brother in Law with a Man City Pen.......
2) Age 13 - On the cover of a single by the South African band the Asylum Kids
3) Used to house sit for Johnny Clegg's Drummer when they were on tour in France, etc
4) Saw Liam Gallagher at Chester Zoo with Patsy Kensit's kids (before they were married)

5) (Late addition) - Saw Kevin Kennedy (Curly Watts) naked in a gym changing room.

·
Dive tart, just can't say no :-)
9,453 Posts
Chatted to Maggie Thatcher one saturday night at a cocktail party (courtesy of a rich girlfriend) next morning was at London Welsh ground in Richmond chatting to Neil Kinnock.

Wasn't that impressed by either of them. :embarassed:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Been on TV a few times all work related, Dumb Cops:) etc etc.
Competed at National Police Dog Trials came 16th out of 30 ish.
Met Bill Maynard aka Greengrass in a very quite Pub in Goathland, Nice guy.
Met Chris Bonnington another nice guy and a real gent.
Met a few of the England Rugby team.Some gents some arrogant arses:frown:
That's about it i think.

G

·
1. dropped a whole tray of empty champagne glasses at the orange fiction book prize event in london during speeches...lots of celebs...including chwiss euwbank, jennifer lumley, erm...loads more but i cant remember...but EVERYONE looked, i think the spokesperson even said something but i just closed my eyes and counted to 5 and hoped that no one was still looking and i cant remember if they actually were or not...i think i was in such a rush to escape!
2. served cilla black at a wedding once
3. nearly worked at jordans wedding...glad i didnt...what a mess
4. saw prince william and prince charles in a quiet bar on the beach in turkey...think that was in gocek....during some boat event.

Ax

1 - 20 of 135 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.