YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK its still a long way off but I cant help thinking about it. When we do the cave course in Mexico i am assuming ill be in a wet suit. All fine and dandy but it hasn't got pockets.

I will need pockets for all the rubbish ill need so can any one point me at a good system that mounts on the waste band and straps to the leg? Preferably one they have tried because I have various concerns over finning actions being interfered with.

Thanks in advance.

ATB

Mark Chase

·
Mod 2.5 apparently
703 Posts
I've got a northern diver weight harness with attachable/detachable pockets, seems ok to me, pockets can take a spare mask and torch and other odds and ends. Clips sometimes are a bit naff but northern diver fixed this on mine.

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
I use a big cargo pocket type thing that clips to a waist d-ring and then attachs round the leg with a push-clip. Doesn't interefere at all with my finning action. I got it from NDC shop a couple of years ago, i think its the Bowstone have to check this evening. normally holds me reel and blob and goody-bag etc

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Mark, PM Nigel Ingram - he makes all that stuff & more & he is just up the road from you........don't let him touch your cylinders though ;)

Failing that, OThree make wetsuit pockets & will fit them...

Dianne

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
Frog do one that goes on waist belt of harness and screws onto back plate. Looks suspiciously like the one in the above post.........

£30 i think from nik naks

·
3,293 Posts
Hi

I got O'Three to stick pockets on my wetsuit, and as this worked very well, that is what I would recommend.

Andy

·
I like my login so much I put my name on it...
1,451 Posts
I have a bowstone tool pouch. End clips onto d-ring (or WB) and the other clips around the leg. I didn't get on with the leg bit so clipped it on further up and put the leg clip through a hip d-ring.

It's suprisingly large. I manage to fit a backup (yellow) dsmb, KT spool (backup1), buddy pocket reel (backup2).

...AND... (I say it like that because I forgot it was in there!)
a spare piston grip torch (D4 or something silmilar) I was shocked when I found that!

I've cut holes in the side of it, creating a bungee loop and everything inside is then clipped to the bungee so none of it disappear if I've got to get right to the bottom of it.

Lloyd

·
New Member ? Its the same one i've always had
704 Posts
I've got the DiveRite thigh pouch. It hangs over the waistbelt and has 2 pinch clip straps to go around your leg. It is also the only one that i could find with an internal D ring to attatch the bungee to.
I have noticed that, wearing it, I tend to swim a tighter circle than I would normally. ( in the way that we all tend to veer off to one side or another if trying to swim a straight line with no reference points)

HTH

Keith

·
15,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all,

I think i may get arrested if i buy X shorts :D

Ill look inot a few of these ideas.

ATB

Mark Chase

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Hi

I got O'Three to stick pockets on my wetsuit, and as this worked very well, that is what I would recommend.

Andy
I would also recommend putting pockets on the suit, when I had mine made I had one pocket, it is going in this week to have two new pockets stuck on.

I have a Frog zip pocket which attaches to the BP but it will be much easier to access pockets with velcro flaps.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Having used various pouches in the past, I'd suggest you glue (Bostick 2402) on some pockets.

At the risk of upsetting Phil, the Bowstone pockets are only £25.

Are you sure you will be taking a wetsuit? I'll be in Mexico later this year & will be taking my drysuit, just using thinner undergarments.

cheers,
Paul

·
A Moderate from 04/01/07-24/12/12
11,804 Posts

I have used the Diverite pocket successfully though it's a bit small....(wetnotes, spare mask, spool & a small dSMB and it's full) and an extra bit of pfaff when rib diving.

The Halcyon pocket is very good but cannot be used comfortably if you have a Cannister light.

Glueing pockets sounds like a great idea but could be expensive if you use different wetsuits.

I am currently trying to get some X shorts to try ;)

Mal

·
15,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Having used various pouches in the past, I'd suggest you glue (Bostick 2402) on some pockets.

At the risk of upsetting Phil, the Bowstone pockets are only £25.

Are you sure you will be taking a wetsuit? I'll be in Mexico later this year & will be taking my drysuit, just using thinner undergarments.

cheers,
Paul

I might invest in a membrain dry suit for the gig but i didnt think my neopreen one would be user freindly.

ATB

Mark Chase

1 - 20 of 22 Posts