YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I am sure everyone is used to seeing those little bar graphs of sunshine hours and ave. daily temp. in both holiday and on-line brochures? But where can I find them displaying water temperature for the year so I know which suit to take where? We all need this kind of info. for our hols. as it is often a totaly different temp. in say - March than May in most parts of the world.

Any help is probably of benafit to most of us, so go on, enlighten me!!

Thanks

James  

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

I would be interested in this too. I am looking for somewhere to take Bethi so a holiday that isnt only diving but where we can do a bit and she prefers wetsuits so water temp is really important..
jules

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Imported post

The travel guide that came out with diver a few months ago showed this information, I think.

dan.

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Anyone have any further advances?

The sea surface idea is ok for "right now" but is a bit rough and won't tell me what it's like in say three months when I want to book a hol.

We want solid info. Come on guys, it's got to be out there.

James  

·
Registered
14 Posts
Imported post

James,

For a further idea of sea temps, take a look at the global surface temperature on here:

Ocean Weather

then move the orange and green bands north of the equator by the same distance as they are south at the moment to get northern hemisphere summertime temperatures.  Basic, but will give you a good idea.

By the way, just a bit of 'useless' information - when the orange band extends all the way across the Pacific, we have an El Nino in progress and we can expect the world's weather to go loopy!

Tracey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts