YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm betting much better at self sufficient blob deployment but my current self sealing blob is small and fiddly, not easy to open and keep the reg under, and doesn't unfurl well. I tried my buddy Eeyore's [email protected] at the weekend and it was much easier to use. It's still attached to my reel and I've tried to persuade him to leave it there but he says he wants it back and he's 6'8" so I won't be arguing with him!

Where can I get one - new or second hand? There are none on fleabay at the moment and the NAS website shows stockists but none of the links to the stockists show it on their sites.

It's a self sealing large SMB, with a wide opening and a velcro strap for easy stowage, and with a d-ring for attaching to the reel. I particularly want the NAS one as having tried and liked it I know I can use it, and it fits onto the strap on my Kent Tooling Reel.

Hope you can help.

Hxxx

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
I'm betting much better at self sufficient blob deployment but my current self sealing blob is small and fiddly, not easy to open and keep the reg under, and doesn't unfurl well. I tried my buddy Eeyore's [email protected] at the weekend and it was much easier to use. It's still attached to my reel and I've tried to persuade him to leave it there but he says he wants it back and he's 6'8" so I won't be arguing with him!

Where can I get one - new or second hand? There are none on fleabay at the moment and the NAS website shows stockists but none of the links to the stockists show it on their sites.

It's a self sealing large SMB, with a wide opening and a velcro strap for easy stowage, and with a d-ring for attaching to the reel. I particularly want the NAS one as having tried and liked it I know I can use it, and it fits onto the strap on my Kent Tooling Reel.

Hope you can help.

Hxxx
From NAS directly??

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
I've got one that YOU CAN HAVE only because it's got a name on it that isn't mine! The Buddy ones are also just as good though.

L.

·
So much more than a child's play thing!
2,725 Posts
Have you tryed blowing in it a bit, just to get it up before filling it ?
Ken

:eek: :eek: You want to be careful saying things like that around BB, You might get an answer you didn't expect :teeth:

Gareth

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
:eek: :eek: You want to be careful saying things like that around BB, You might get an answer you didn't expect :teeth:

Gareth
Oh I dunno - most things H says are entirely expected ;) (Sorry Helen :girlhug: )

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you tryed blowing in it a bit, just to get it up before filling it ?
Ken

Yes, but actually gettign it open in the first place is incredibly fiddly.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Hxxx

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Yes, but actually gettign it open in the first place is incredibly fiddly.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Hxxx
How about sewing a couple of cloth tabs on it so you have something to get a grip of?

Dave C

1 - 12 of 12 Posts