YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

Custom Divers do a bar that bolts on to your set just for handling.

HTH
andy

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Personally, my two methods for the twinset are:
Hold it by the boots, so the valves are about head high - when I take it for fills
Leave it atatched to the wing & harness - all the other times

Wouldn't find a handle useful, as it's too heavy to even consider carrying with just one hand - throws your back out. And that's just twin 7s..

·
The Artist formerly known as 'John Duncan'
364 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>Hi Wacker. At the NDC, on the counter in the shop they have a handle made out of machined ali which is GORGEOUS! I dont know who makes it, but it is lying there waiting for me to buy it! every time I go there, it sits there seductively, willing me to buy it. The handle lies under your manifold and clamps onto the tank necks in the usual way.
Hope this helps,
JOHN

·
one of yd's longest serving new members
76 Posts
Imported post

hi wack,
as previous post, custom divers make one. youll find a piccy and a price on the diverswarehouse web site.

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cooper @ Sep. 11 2003,21:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Anybody know where I can get a nice strong handle to lift my twins rather than using the valves ?
What's wrong with using the valves?
You will inevitably be putting a lot of pressure on the open/close knobs which are moving parts and have o rings(at least my make does).

A recent small gas leak in this area warranted replacement of the O rings and I was told "common fault down to wear and tear and particularly carrying them by the valves".

Having said that, I still pick my twin 10s up by the valves.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts