YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My problem is that I have a side gate which is made out of 10mm tongue and groove floor board planks and every year I have to paint it.

This year I'm intending to replace it with a pvc gate, looked on the net but I'm struggling to find a supplier that sells white PVC floor board planks. The pvc has to be solid because I need to cut the top into a particular shape, white in colour and a minimum length of 6 feet.

Anyone know who supplies them?

·
Registered
20,638 Posts
I don't ever recall PVC floor boarding but PVC cladding fascia should be available from any where that does conservatories or decent DIY shops, it isn't thick so attaching it over the existing structure would be the way forward. Very 1970s though ;)

·
All we wanted was a home... Manics
4,553 Posts
it's probably made by Swish - but not sure who would stock it - they used to make a product called Celluca. (that said I saw it more as a fence material)

·
Mark Milburn
4,076 Posts
Swish made a full range of PVC materials under the name of Celluca, not sure if they're still doing it. I seem to remember they were bought out by someone. You can buy pvc tongue and groove almost anywhere including B&Q. It is used in all sorts of places from soffit boards to bathrooms. As mentioned above it is of hollow construction and in reality is very fragile. An option would be to use full fascia board, it'd be around 19mm thick and would need a framework. It won't be T&G but you can silicon it all together.

An option is something like PVC Products - PVC Recycled Compounds and Vingin Compounds, Artificial Leather, PVC Wooden Planks and Hospital Flooring Manufacturer & Exporter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts