YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Imported post

go diving in the warm!!! don't get sucked in to UK diving...it's not what they tell you it is!!!!  save yourself, you still have a chance if you  don't go near the water

·
aka Rich.
166 Posts
Imported post

You could try Robin Hood Watersports they are based in Heckmondwike which I think is reasonably close to you.

I did my Dry suit with them last year and it was £95 inclusive, kit hire, site entry, air, blah, blah.

In fact I went up for the full weekend with them while they were teaching OW and AOW. I got four dives in rather than the basic two you need for the course (and for no extra cost, other than my overnight accomadation).

You can contact them via the website or direct to [email protected] (freelance instructor who runs speciality courses affiliated to Roho).

Not sure what level you are but you could consider doing your AOW in a drysuit. That way you get your AOW and you'd get sufficient experience in a drysuit too. This would be more like £250 though.

Let me know if you need anymore information.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>hi

give TigerDive @ SDS a try, £75

PM me for contact details

if your looking at doing your advanced, the drysuit course can be added for less than the £250 above...

Chris

·
aka Rich.
166 Posts
Imported post

I'd have to agree RoHo ain't always the cheapest around but I'm in their club so I know the instructors, etc. They might be open to negotiation if you quote a cheaper price available locally (sounds like an advert), not sure they'll refund twice the difference though

Alternatively, if you don't mind travelling a bit further you could use Go Dive in Derby, you can get the AOW in a Drysuit for £175. I was tempted, but I didn't know anyone who'd dived with them so I went with what/who I knew.

They use Stoney Cove for their training BTW.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts