YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I've been strapping it to my leg without really thinking about it but there must be other places to stow it that are more accessible.

Where do others stow theirs?

I dive with a single tank and BC.
Couple of suggestions, either on the corrugated hose on the BC or, if you can do it on the waistband works well. It's worth having a look at shears rather than a knife as well, much better at cutting through line/rope/webbing etc.

HTH

Danny

·
YDs Most Southerly Monkey
6,434 Posts
I've been strapping it to my leg without really thinking about it but there must be other places to stow it that are more accessible.

I have two, a blunt pry-bar ended serrated jobbie, about 8" long, whose role is to lever unsuspecting abalone (lunch) off the rocks. That goes on the inside of my left calf (I'm right handed) - it's a lot easier to reach down to there than if it was on the left calf.

My other knife, a real sharp little bugger, with line cutter is on my BC hose.

We rarely ever see line or nets here and apart from the abalone and murdering Centrostephanus urchins, I've never had to use either.

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts

Hard to spot but there is a knife on the presure gauge hose on the right and one on the 02 supply hose on the left (yellow handle)

When i ran a OC rig this is where i mounted it (on SPG hose)

I have a big knife as well but its mounted on a stage:

At the momnet i run with my line cutting knife on the torch and the big roap/ net cutting knife on the stage.

ATB

Mark

·
Dive tart, just can't say no :-)
9,453 Posts
I have a tiny line cutting knife on my bc strap, a bigger blunt tip one on the inside of my left calf and a pair of shears on my left thigh, I have seen people seriously caught up with monofilament line and whilst 3 options may seem like overkill I'd rather know that I'll be bable to reach one of them..

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
I keep mine in the garage. I've yet to have an entanglement or lose a knife in 20 years of diving.

Chris

Reactions: Letz

·
10,679 Posts
Its in a very distinctive carrier bag :D

Chris

·
14-9-09
3,169 Posts

That yellow-handled thingy that Mark uses.... get one - don't matter where you put it - between your teeth is good for boarding other diver boats:angry:

Its generally known as a 'Green River' knife and as my singnature below states - they really are the best knives a diver can carry!

Berko:)

·
R.I.P.
5,709 Posts
That yellow-handled thingy that Mark uses.... get one - don't matter where you put it - between your teeth is good for boarding other diver boats:angry:

Its generally known as a 'Green River' knife and as my singnature below states - they really are the best knives a diver can carry!

Yep, i've got one of those as well. they are THE best and cheap as chips....

To anyone else, you may be able to get one from here: Green River serrated Dive knives. - South West Mafia

·
10,679 Posts
Macho pig-sticker Action Man leg knife.....

... I do have a small knife in my dry-suit pocket).
very girlee :D (or is that gueeee??)

Chris

·
14-9-09
3,169 Posts

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts

I have one as well fantastic

i agree with the ubove statement however it will go through bone as well!!!

Graham

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.