YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

For those of you who read John Bennett's recent article in Diver about his record breaking dive to over 1000ft, I have it on good authority that someone else is training to try and smash that! Remember another recent article in Diver regarding Chris Boardman's PADI tec-rec course in the Red Sea? Well, if you re-read the article, the guy who trained him (Leigh) is planning to assail Mr Bennett's record soonish! How do I know? Ah, well my brother is an instructor in Dahab and he is best mates with Leigh! Will try and get some further information as and when its available but bloody #### - where will it all end? Makes me hit panic mode just thinking about it!

Regards

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Is he the one who's had his chromed cylinders on display at the last couple of Dive Shows? The ones that look like a giant coffee-making machine?

·
Banned
217 Posts
Imported post

I meant to go and catch his presentation at the dive show but there were so many things I wanted to see that I had to form the strategy of watching half and half of a few things. I quite enjoyed Jack Ingles and the freedivers (hey that's a new band!! ) although I didn't enjoy missing out on a go in the rebreather pool as I left my logbook at home!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

You sat through Jack Ingles talking about kit configuration and didn't explode? I'm impressed

He was one of the instructors when I did my ITC course...

·
Banned
217 Posts
Imported post

Hehe..no Dom, I didn't explode although I could be seen to have a silly grin at points!  Especially when the first thing I saw was independent twins fnar fnar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts