YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Where would you rather go? - April'ish 2004

• (1)3 days SoM + 2 days Skye

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (2)3 days SoM + 2 days Clyde

• (4)5 days Scapa flow(Outer Isles + wrecks)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Just thinking ahead!!!!

Peter

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Better still join us in the Red Sea.  See AndyP posts in planned trips.

Fiona

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

I'm think about my first YD gig of next year and the Red Sea doesn't really appeal to me.

Peter

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Does it have to be April, I am going to Egypt

Andrew

eh, doesn't appeal to you, Hammerheads, Manta Rays, various large sharks, massive coral walls, beer, errrr, beer and well errrrr...........Hammerheads, Manta Rays, various large sharks, massive coral walls and beer not to mention a huge cake on the last day whilst drinking a vast quantity of beer.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

It's just big fish. I'd prefer to spend a whole week diving wrecks.

Personal opinion only!!!

Peter

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Peter

We will be diving the Brothers for 2 days, 2 very nice wrecks there, something for everyone.

FB

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I voted for  SOM and Skye - the only problem is that April is possibly the coldest water and the least life in Skye.

It'd still be good tho'

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

Already booked for Scapa outer islands next year so Galway for me.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Imported post

Galway got my vote...only because I haven't been there yet.

In fact, never ever been to ireland..

Kinetic

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

l thought you may be planning something for early next year, however it is inconsiderate of you to think of doing something whilst the cream of YD (i.e. ME) is in the Red Sea, l can understand you not wanting Chasey or that Philips guy.

However l'm thinking of diving the Outer Isles (Orkney) later maybe Sept.

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

last weekend in april is the Mull music festival in tobermoray and we are already booked on a trip then, should be brill tho so if a YD posse came too!
Jules

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Yabba-dabba-d-o!

Err.....wreck-fest!

Never dived any of these wets, so something of a veritable Smorgasbord, what?

I opted for SoM and Skye, merely because they both look the Nads and I've heard great things about the wreck diving in both areas - well cetainly Mull at least. I'll have to tap Gav and Fi up for their read on Skye wrecks?

Peter mate, I do think you might want to re-consider holding a work-out which clashes with another YD Troop Gig! Remember the mince we had last time when such a thing happened (SoM Vs Anglesey)?! You and I nearly phoned each other's parents to demand that we both be sent to bed with no supper!  

That said, and in all honesty (and I'm punting here), if those booked on the Red Sea gig had the choice of going on the Scottish gig also, if say the two trips were moved to within a coupla weeks of each other, would they be in a position/want to afford both? Would their respective 'other-halves' allow them to 'play out' for two weeks so close together? Would they be able to get the time off work for both gigs? Just thoughts guys, not snags.

What am I saying? It'll be furkin freezing in the oggin up there at that time of year...!

That said, I dived more from September through to May this year than I have done all this last summer! A disgrace, I know.....(bows head is shame....)

F*ck-it! Book it Danno. I feel a large styleeee wet coming on.

To whom do I make the check payable?  

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Imported post

'Tis a long way off getting booked yet. I'm easy with the dates, that was just for arguments sake hence the "April'ish" bit.
The "rough" plan for the Mull/Skye combo would be;
Friday-Travel up to Lochaline.
Sat, Sun, Mon,-Dive the Sound.
Tuesday-Travel to Skye either by boat or car. (I'll see Alan about giving us a lift up in his boat because I would rather use him up there as well)
Wed, Thurs- Dive Skye(Port Napier in waves probably)
Friday-Travel home.
Total cost-£200-£300 approx.(5days diving + 7 nights accom).

Feck me! That's a bit more than a rough plan! That "IS" a plan.

Peter

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

sounds brill peter, if you can sort it to avoid the schoool hols and not clash with the tobermoray music festival then me and my buddy are likely to vbe very keen!

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Peter

I would be very interested in venturing up to the frozen north for that.

Definatly sound like a plan to me.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy the Commie 2 @ Sep. 27 2003,10:24)]Wheres DOVER on ya list  
In case you havn't noticed Dough-boy, my speciality is the West coast of Scotland. I probably couldn't even point Dover out on a map. Well, I could really, It's where the ferries leave from on Angelsey!!  

Peter

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF7F00'>Hi pete,

let me see if i can help you

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I probably couldn't even point Dover out on a map. Well, I could really, It's where the ferries leave from on Angelsey!!
  please find this funny

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Imported post

Like I said, right next to Angelsey!!

Out of interest, have you got the rest of that map?

Peter

1 - 20 of 20 Posts