YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

I rang them a few weeks ago and they were out of stock, didnt know when the next lot were coming in. In the end I got a high profile original apex from my lds in Luton. Damned expensive though. I also bought a spare of e-bay. might be worth a look.

Why a low-profile si-tech, if its to replace an existing one are you sure its not a low profile apex ( I dont like them but others do).

Matt

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

I thought low profile was this year's "must have" accessory?

Anyway, my current dump is a Si Tek high profile dalek which dribbles the odd bubble if I wave in the right direction.  Either it's in the wrong place or it's just plain pants.  And I don't go in for plain pants, right girls?

A certain inhabitant of Plymouth reckons that I just need a decent autodump.  I reckon I just need to move the damn thing round a bit, so the air goes "up" to it, like in Physics etc.  Not sure how my current dump is supposed to work when it's wedged under my armpit, but that's the Cloggies for you.  It's probably quantum or something.

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

Which inhabitant of Plymouth would that be then ?.

I'll tell you what, unscrew that piece of antique shite off your suit and the next time you're down here, i'll let you use my tried and tested one.  You'll have to catch me if i rise unexpectedly though.  What's the difference between a Sitech and an Apeks.  They don't look the same do they.
   That's sarcasm BTW.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>my suit as a auto dump and i hate the buggers
turn it off and fit a cuff dump
or am i old fasioned

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

I have thought about cuff dumps.  Don't like the idea of not being able to control the flow.  Did talk about making an on/off with Chasey, but still seemed a bit dodgy.

Only ever seen one person with a cuff dump.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>My first Membrane suit came without any dumps, the intended method was either two fingers under neck or wrist seal. I later added a manual cuff dump, this however leaked whenever I used to decompress on shot or during deployment of SMB and if my arm was raised to wind it in during ascent etc.

My next suit used automatic and it's much easier and I remain dry. A small role of body and shoulder is all thats req'd. Never used a low-profile myself, to that end it's never been an option when I purchased the suit.

Don't know anyone with a SI TECH, but they do seem to have a certain reputation, although that could be mythical.

regards

gareth

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daveking @ Dec. 05 2003,22:07)]my suit as a auto dump and i hate the buggers
turn it off and fit a cuff dump
or am i old fasioned
Yes!
As regards Si-Tech, they've always been low profile as far as I know and they are great! But if they're not correctly positioned they obviously can't work as intended.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts