YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

was watching Have I Got News For You, and one of the news stories they mentioned was that job interviewers are asking interviewees sillier and sillier questions.....

such as: 'which fish would you be?'

personally i think it's a great question - i'd like to be a wrasse and get fed sea urchins!

so, what fish would YOU be?!

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

A Ray, got to be, cruise around looking cool, minimal effort and no beer gut, thats me

Dive safe

Paul

·
Registered
413 Posts
Imported post

Good question...we brought back a fish guide poster from micronesia a few years ago and it's on the toilet door so I have plenty of time to consider that question.

Anyway, my favourite fish has to be the Clown Trigger fish...it looks beautiful and they can be good fun when there's more than one...so that's my choice.

Chee-az

Graham

·
Registered
36 Posts
Imported post

Box Jellyfish

Float around all day taking it easy, no use to man or beast, oblivious to everything going on around me. And if anyone disturbs me, God Help 'em.

Never been very good at job interviews

Gareth

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I just fell in love with the clownfish when I first encountered them - the way the plucky little buggers defend their anemone against all and sundry! I know they're only seeing their own reflection in your mask but I found it so amusing when the little guys square up to you with that "come and have a go" attitude. Great fun. That would be me!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Imported post

We're nor in love with the same fish are we?

Do you mean the little yellow ones?

I was on about the black and white circled ones...but I know the fish you mean, they nibble at you, dart back and nibble again.

Cheers.

Graham

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

The grunt sculpin, a cute little fish that lives in the Emerald Sea. It sits in a little mini-cave, doing nothing in particular, watching the fishy world go by and contemplating the wonder of nature, at least that's how I see it.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Imported post

I would love to be a pike because its fast,aggresive,powerfull and takes no prisoners  
especialy that one at stoney cove now thats a fish !!!!!! lol

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

I'd go for a Cephalopod.  Probably a Cuttlefish.

They are just so cool,

Having said that, their lifespan is quite short so maybe I should consider a Hawksbill turtle.  

Having said that can I switch to a marine mammal, say a dolphin, don't they have sex for fun other than procreation.

Does it have to be a fish?  Alright a tiger shark then.

Daz

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

A dog fish - do they lick their own bits like their land namesakes. Er, perhaps I'll be a flying fish instead.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#3BB9FF'>I'm with Mark D (R.R. you know what I mean!!!
) on this, after seeing them in the Red Sea I'd be a Clown Fish, they've got a character of their own!!!

If you'd have said sea mammal, I would've said a Killer Whale (Orca) !!!

x x x

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

A lesser-known species this (and I render its common name here; its Latin name being over three verses long), but nonetheless beautiful for that: I'd be a 'Phertang ******-washed Groil-Fruttocked Antepodean-Rugger Spanker', common in Ozzie waters this time of year.........

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kinetic @ Nov. 15 2003,18:51)]I was on about the black and white circled ones...but I know the fish you mean, they nibble at you, dart back and nibble again.
Think they're Sergeant Majors aren't they?

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Aye, that they are.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Fishwise I'd be a Stingray, very chilled out, not very high profile, doesn't like to be hassled but a real PITA when you've p***ed him off

non-fishwise, I'd be a  sea-snake, who's kinda similar in temperament to the Stingray

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

I'm with Finless! Dogfish. It sleeps all day, goes a-hunting at night, likes it's belly tickled. Bit like me really.

Peter

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

Definately a dolphin, if I am allowed to be a mammal instead, as long as Nick can be in my pod (pass the bucket....sounds of Peter k retching). If i had to be a fish it would have to be a wrasse and spend all day teasing underwater photographers by eating the urchin and then scarpering before the flash goes off.
jules:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts