YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Driving my truck with my high-heels on...
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously thinking of getting one .Would like GPS & be able to run the following :- V Planner ,Proplanner & would prefer microsoft autoroute for the mapping .
Any ideas which one to go for ? dont want to spend a fortune :redface:
TIA

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
If it's a phone based PC thingy, then a few people have a version of the HTC Tytn (Hermes). It comes under different names depending on which provider has re branded it.

HTC: Products: HTC TyTN
msmobiles.com - Review : HTC Hermes alias T-Mobile MDA Vario II - meet the Nokia killer with TRUE WHEEL

HTC TyTN / O2 XDA trion / T-Mobile MDA Vario II / Vodafone 1605 VPA Compact III / Orange SPV M3100 / Dopod CHT 9000 / Dopod 838 Pro / hTc Z / Qtek 9600 / iMate JasJam / Cingular 8525 / Swisscom XPA v1605 / SoftBank X01HT / UTStarcom 6800 / Vodafone V1605

It will run the software and GPS stuff you are thinking of and depending on which tariff and which provider you use, it may well work out within your chosen budget.

·
Make mine a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster.
1,763 Posts
TyTn

Good bit of kit, got mine as a contract upgrade for less than fifty pounds (in Orange SPV M3100 guise). I run ALK Copilot as my nav. software that works very well.

HTH

·
Driving my truck with my high-heels on...
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Clarifying

Not really interested in the phone part of it ,just the software that I like :angel:

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
Not really interested in the phone part of it ,just the software that I like :angel:
Go to eBay and buy a cheap PDA PC phone, one that is superseded and you can get it cheap. That way you can still have the bits you want, but don't need to worry about the phone bit. I have an old HP thingy that I run software on like this, it just didn't put a SIM into it. You can get Windows driven PDA/PC/phones pretty cheap if you don't mind second hand.

I do have a Vodafone V1605 on it's way to me ATM as I got fed up trying to remember to bring my HP PDA Phone with me and my mobile is always attached.

·
Usually Wrong
204 Posts
Consider going down the PalmOS road instead - you get more bang for your buck.
The tungstens are pretty nice units. I use a Sony Clie NX70V and love it but I don't think you can buy them new. Loads on ebay though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.