YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
more weaselly than a weaselly thing
3,628 Posts
if its only for dive planning, theres various dive planners out there supporting smartphones (iphone/android even java based).

You might want to google vplanner, ideco, jplanner.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I have a samsung n110 I use only for diving related stuff but any netbook will do the job although you should get windows xp or windows 7 and not windows 7 starter. i suggest you get one with 3G option or with bluetooth so you can connect to 3g though your phone.

my n110 gives ~7 hours battery life and runs suunto dive planner (similar profiles to my vr3), vplanner, tideplotter etc and gets me internet in most places.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Agree with dwhitlow on this one, any netbook will do the job, I'm running a Toshiba NB305 and it's more than man enough for it, plus most of my music collection and a movie or two. 11 hours on the battery means it's good for a weekend away and no charging. Windows 7 is a bit naff, but unless you are going to push it lots it will be fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.