YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Driving my truck with my high-heels on...
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of buying a trimix analyser but am lost as to which one .:confused:

Which is best in terms of whole life costs ? I realise this may not be the cheapest to buy but may be cheaper in terms of cells etc or does anybody have one they are looking to sell ? would prefer one that will stand up to being used on boats etc
TIA

·
Proud to be "small minded" in the face of credulit
2,910 Posts
Thinking of buying a trimix analyser but am lost as to which one .:confused:

Which is best in terms of whole life costs ? I realise this may not be the cheapest to buy but may be cheaper in terms of cells etc or does anybody have one they are looking to sell ? would prefer one that will stand up to being used on boats etc
TIA

Why bother? The FHe isn't that critical and you get a rough idea of what's what by breathing it and speaking.

I think dive centres use them just to prove they're not ripping off their punters.

Spend the money on fills!

Regards,

Mark

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Why bother? The FHe isn't that critical and you get a rough idea of what's what by breathing it and speaking.

I think dive centres use them just to prove they're not ripping off their punters.

Spend the money on fills!

Regards,

Mark

Home blending and multiple mix fills. I run a bank of 10/70 and a bank of 18/45 and air. I blend all by gas by mixing from those availabel gases.

I also often forget whats in a tin :D

If I fill for someone else I like to be able to show them whats in the tank and i know Colin fills for his club.

Colin:

The Analox ATA is a great unit which stood up to a weeks red sea liveaboard. My one has been faultless over the last two years and its good value at £450-£500new

ATB

Mark Chase

Reactions: chrisch

·
Driving my truck with my high-heels on...
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Home blending and multiple mix fills. I run a bank of 10/70 and a bank of 18/45 and air. I blend all by gas by mixing from those availabel gases.

I also often forget whats in a tin :D

If I fill for someone else I like to be able to show them whats in the tank and i know Colin fills for his club.

Colin:

The Analox ATA is a great unit which stood up to a weeks red sea liveaboard. My one has been faultless over the last two years and its good value at £450-£500new

ATB

Mark Chase
Thanks Mark
Yep exactly the same reason as Mark ,multiple fills etc .The club insn't so much an issue as they don't have He yet but if I have an analyser itshalf way to persuading them we need He !:angel:

·
"All I want is a KISS!"
493 Posts
I've had an Analox ATA for the best part of three years. To date, its been faultless and is still on the first set of cells! I have no idea how much a replacement He cell is, but so far the one I have is going strong.

It the only trimix analyser I've used so can't offer a comparison, but I'm pretty certain you'll be satisfied with the ATA.

Cheers

Rich

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have struck to diving heliair mixes that way you only need an O2 analyser to know what you have regardless of how may top ups you have had.

maybe father christmas will tempt me to change my ways.

·
Can`t remember Member
210 Posts
Another vote for the MIXCHEK, it´s fast and reliable. It´s just a shame that the flow restricter doesn´t fit into the Pelicase! :angry:
HTH
Rob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.