YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

This time I dive!
While I've got time to post this here's the names I have for the May SoM gig. We're on the Brendan as that's the only boat I could get. He's a busy bunny is our Alan(apart from that I'm not entirely keen on running 24 again).

Most of you know the drill by now. If anyone has any questions just ask and I'm sure someone else will be able to answer if I'm not handy. If they can't answer either Bren T or Jules C have my 'phone number.

MAY 22nd, 23rd, 24th.(£120inc. lunch, accom, diving, NO air)
Julia C
Peter K
Rob Evans
Deirdre W
Mary L
Porgie
Chris H
Liz R
Chris R
Paul R
Bren T

Must run, my times-a-ticking!
Peter

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
Imported post

Hi Peter,

Nice to have you back!!

Is there any space on this gig please?  If not can I go on a standby list?

All the best
Helen

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

PeterK said:
This time I dive!
And the odds of this are....?
:D

PeterK said:
While I've got time to post this here's the names I have for the May SoM gig. We're on the Brendan, as that's the only boat I could get. He's a busy bunny is our Alan (apart from that, I'm not entirely keen on running 24 again).

Most of you know the drill by now. If anyone has any questions just ask and I'm sure someone else will be able to answer if I'm not handy. If they can't answer, either Bren T or Jules C have my 'phone number.
MAY 22nd, 23rd, 24th. (£120 per diver, inc. lunch, accom, diving, NO air)

YD Troop Gig List - assuming the boat takes 12!!

Aboard the Brendan

* 01 Julia 'Gratuitously Gregarious Grin' C (3G!)
* 02 Peter "FREEDOM!!" Kelly
* 03 Rob Evans
* 04 Deirdre W
* 05 Dr Mary Hyphen-Hyphen Lumsden
* 06 Porgie (& Bess)
* 07 Chris Hall
* 08 Liz Rimer
* 09 Chris 'Dundee' R
* 10 Paul 'Bruvva' R
* 11 Bren Tierney
* 12 Helen 'Speak Up!' Mutter

YD Troop Total = 12 Divers

YD Subs' Bench

A.

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

so there you go then Helen you just bags Nicks place! just come off the phone to the kelly man (our glorious leader and he is definately diving this time!!)

Anyone else wanting to put themselves on the subs bence shout up now, we had rather a good time last time!!

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
Imported post

Jules,

Chucked my name down for two reasons -
1) Your scallop el diablo thingy (any chance of a repeat performance if I ask REALLY nicely?!)
2) The trip write ups made Mull sound fantastic.

Sure as hell isn't because I fancy the drive - AA route planner reckons Cheltenham to Lochaline is 464.2 miles (not forgetting the all important .2), and will take 9hr 15 mins
 .  Which probably means 11 hrs minimum
   "the horror! the horror!"..... I have to say that I reckon it is the .2 that will take the most of the drive time

So, about 22 hours behind the wheel for 3 days of diving - oddly, this still sounds appealing

I have clearly lost any of the few marbles I had to start with

Helen

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>Blimey and I thought I was nuts driving from nottingham for the weekend

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
Imported post

Mary,

Sorry to be the one to tell you this (actually, I am lying here - I am full of malicious glee that someone else is going to have a dreadful trip
 )
Same website shows Notts - Lochaline as 412.5 miles and 8 hrs 45 mins.  It always underestimates travel time, so I suspect that you and I are in for a similarly awful drive.  I feel better knowing that someone else is going to share my pain

Now, having spread misery, I shall leave you with that thought

Helen

·
Banned
7,008 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (HelenM @ Mar. 15 2004,23:48)]AA route planner reckons Cheltenham to Lochaline is 464.2 miles (not forgetting the all important .2), and will take 9hr 15 mins
 .  Which probably means 11 hrs minimum
   "the horror! the horror!"..... I have to say that I reckon it is the .2 that will take the most of the drive time

So, about 22 hours behind the wheel for 3 days of diving - oddly, this still sounds appealing

I have clearly lost any of the few marbles I had to start with
<font color='#8D38C9'>I'd drive that far to go diving right now - anything to get out of chelteham for this week  

Drove 540 miles on saterday to not even go diving
+ is that i'm sure the holiday will be worth it b

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Peter wrote: "This time I dive! (odds of?
)

While I've got time to post this here's the names I have for the May SoM gig. We're on the Brendan, as that's the only boat I could get. He's a busy bunny is our Alan (apart from that, I'm not entirely keen on running 24 again).

Most of you know the drill by now. If anyone has any questions just ask and I'm sure someone else will be able to answer if I'm not handy. If they can't answer, either Bren T or Jules C have my 'phone number.

MAY 22nd, 23rd, 24th. (£120 per diver, inc. lunch, accom, diving, NO air)

YD Troop Gig List - 'The Clan that Can!'

Aboard the Brendan and she takes 12 Divers

* 01 Julia 'Gratuitously Gregarious Grin' C (3G!)
* 02 Peter "FREEDOM!!" Kelly
* 03 Rob Evans
* 04 Deirdre W
* 05 Dr Mary Hyphen-Hyphen Lumsden
* 06 Porgie (& Bess)
* 07 Chris Hall
* 08 Liz Rimer
* 09 Chris 'Dundee' R
* 10 Paul 'Bruvva' R
* 11 Bren Tierney
* 12 Helen 'Speak Up!' Mutter

YD Troop Total = 12 Divers

YD "Sub's' Bench"

A.

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Timing @ Mar. 16 2004,14:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (HelenM @ Mar. 15 2004,23:48)]..... I have to say that I reckon it is the .2 that will take the most of the drive time
That'll be the M5/6 junction then.
ROFL

So sad but true!!!

H

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Subs? Thought t'was only old ships there?

Hmmm... After the conspiracy that affected me last time dare I place me name down?

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Driftwood @ Mar. 16 2004,15:41)]Subs? Thought t'was only old ships there?

Hmmm... After the conspiracy that affected me last time dare I place me name down?
'Subs' are always referred to as 'Boats', NEVER ships!

Anyway, are you coming or what? Don't keep the punters waiting!!

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (HelenM @ Mar. 16 2004,10:22)]Same website shows Notts - Lochaline as 412.5 miles and 8 hrs 45 mins.  It always underestimates travel time, so I suspect that you and I are in for a similarly awful drive.  I feel better knowing that someone else is going to share my pain

Helen/ Mary, you think you have a long way to travel, what about Robin-allways-talking-bo&&ocks-Evans?

He lives down near the equator in Hastings about 600 ish miles from Lochaline.

Helen if you're going up for the Scallops, the other Helen (Porg) will need help to clean them, now that Fiona, Rebecca & l (expert Scallop cleaners) aren't coming up.

Have fun the last gig was a blast.

·
He that is called 'Dundee', from the clan 'Dundee'
1,286 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (diving dude @ Mar. 17 2004,01:34)]Helen/ Mary, you think you have a long way to travel, what about Robin-allways-talking-bo&&ocks-Evans?

He lives down near the equator in Hastings about 600 ish miles from Lochaline.
Howard,

You forget that Robin doesn't drive up to Lochaline, he has a rebreather and uses the coastal route

C

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dundee @ Mar. 16 2004,11:31)]Oooooh!

I'm getting excited already!!!!!

C
is that at the thought of my delicious scallops again???

Helen, just for you i will agree to cook again! Bring yer goodie bags me hearties we be pillaging the sea floor again (said in loud pirate accent)
jules

1 - 20 of 174 Posts