YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Tinkering and a plethora of other pursuits...
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously with Explorers being snaffled up by Thomson, the previous good deals have vanished...
Anyone aware of any other companies that do this? I am aware of all of the big ones, but i've seen next to nowt that competes with what I got a year ago - flights, very nice hotel and 5 days diving for under £500in Sharm...

·
Instructor at Werner Lau Tek, Sharm
708 Posts
Sportif International windsurfing, kitesurfing, diving and surfing holidays

These guys are offering a week there, flights, accom and 10 dives in the £500-600.
The bloke behind Sportif Dive Holidays is the same bloke who started Ocean Ventures (the company that used to own Ocean College, Ocean Club, Explorers, RedSeaFlights.com etc..) before he sold it to TUI (Thompson/ 1st Choice etc..)
I would expect to find similar deals to those we all used to enjoy of old turning up on the Sportif website soon.....

·
Living a champagne lifestyle on a lemonade budget!
1,430 Posts
If you can find cheap flights then sometimes renting an apartment is a cheaper option. I have friends visiting at the moment who have done this. Especially in a place like El Gouna where you can still go to any of the hotels to have breakfast or use their facilities. You have the freedom to eat out at any of the restaurants or cook at home. Most places deliver too. Nearly all apartments here are on a lagoon to swim in and relax on the beach. South Marina Compound has shared pools and garden between each block. If you want to be within walking distance of the marina and Downtown then look at South Marina, Upper Nubia, Italian Compound, Abu Tig Marina although during the summer time the marina will be very noisy at night. Areas like the Golf, West Golf, White villas and apartments are further out so you need to catch shuttle buses or tok toks to get to shops, bars and restaurants. Diving can be booked online direct with dive centers and they will pick up from anywhere in El Gouna. Websites like HomeAway Holiday-Rentals. UK's No. 1 for self catering villas, apartments & cottage holidays in Spain, Portugal, France, Florida, Italy & worldwide. have many apartments and villas to rent all over Egypt. Thomas Cook, Thompson, Viking and Easy Jet I believe are the airlines that fly into Hurghada which is 30 minutes drive from El Gouna.

·
Living a champagne lifestyle on a lemonade budget!
1,430 Posts
You can't even get a flight for anywhere near that in August from the UK
Here's hoping my tenant renews her contract in August otherwise it will cost me GBP500 with Easy Jet or similar with Egypt Air Hurghada/Cairo/London!! Actually British Airways is cheap at GBP280 Cairo/London/Cairo as we have to fly scheduled from Hurghada if we live here.

·
Tinkering and a plethora of other pursuits...
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for that, didn't know about dive sportif!
S.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts