YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jules 77 and I are around tomorrow (Friday) night for a quick snifter. Who's down this way?

Where are you meeting?

We can join you for a shandy :teeth:

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Well I plan to get off work asap and head to Fleet/chickerell where the campsite is , but if you have any suggestions I may be persuaded to partake in said snifting.:teeth:At sometime spacehopper, ratcliffe and chas49 will be arriving as well, two off them have been known to snift.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Well I plan to get off work asap and head to Fleet/chickerell where the campsite is , but if you have any suggestions I may be persuaded to partake in said snifting.:teeth:At sometime spacehopper, ratcliffe and chas49 will be arriving as well, two off them have been known to snift.
Derek (ratcliffe) has some feeble excuse about not being able to get away from work early (he works in local government so I don't really believe him!! :))

Anyway. we'lll be arriving on campsite after about 9pm so probably too late to go looking for pubs by the time we've put tents up in the dark.

Sniftering (I hope I know what that means!) on Sat/Sun sounds good though

Oh - and can we get the weather forecast for Sunday/Monday changed so there's less rain please :)

·
So much more than a child's play thing!
2,725 Posts
Indeed, I am a well known snifter. I hope to be there by beween 6 and 7 so should be available for snifting by about 9ish. I'm planning to leave on Tuesday morning so there'll be plenty of time for the odd snifter or 6.

Gareth

·
So much more than a child's play thing!
2,725 Posts
............Oh - and can we get the weather forecast for Sunday/Monday changed so there's less rain please :)
Sunday is supposed to be sunny, but we need to get Monday changed quick sharpish

Gareth

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
Don't you dare all go out without me tomorrow night. Bloody work boss has got a strop on for some reason, and is saying I can't leave before 4 :(

·
Rapidly expanding member
285 Posts
Are you guys that are getting down there tomorrow night going to be in Weymouth or Portland?

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
I'll be down Friday night into Portland. Not quite sure on a time, doubt it will be before 8.

Adrian

·
Team Starburst
5,275 Posts
Arrivals

I'll be down Friday night into Portland. Not quite sure on a time, doubt it will be before 8.

Adrian
Saves me asking what time ;)
Looks like I get to choose the best bunk :)

Cath and I should arrive in Portland about 6ish, staying in that well know divers haunt and frequenting the pub across the road from 7ish.

·
TDI Instructor Trainer
2,949 Posts
I'm in Portland this weekend as well. As Ian will be in the Breakwater Hotel that sounds like a good place to meet up.

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
As I live there....I'll be there all weekend!

I'll be dropping my daughter off at kickboxing around 1945 so might pop over for 1/2 hour or so.

·
Team Starburst
5,275 Posts
Aqua

I'm in Portland this weekend as well. As Ian will be in the Breakwater Hotel that sounds like a good place to meet up.
Well Cath and I are staying in the Aqua, but we can meet up in the Breakwater at some point in time.

I will be disguised in a green weird fish T shirt, and jeans. Cathy is errr very noticeable :embarassed: , blonde hair and young and pretty.

·
Mark Milburn
4,076 Posts
i'm in weymouth now. i'm gonna head to the breakwater in a minute, just had my supper at the campsite.

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just got home, (via Asda), nice to meet Mark Powell, Jules 77 and Kanga.

And for you late ones, you missed some good cheesey chips.

·
Team Starburst
5,275 Posts
Meeting up

Good to meet Ian, Adrian and Cath....sorry I missed the rest of you
Yes that was bl**dy scary. :)
Adrian, Cathy and I sitting in a bar and a random person walks up and says "You must be Ian". Now I know I am world famous and and a legend in my own home, but not so for Portland.

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
Yes that was bl**dy scary. :)
Adrian, Cathy and I sitting in a bar and a random person walks up and says "You must be Ian". Now I know I am world famous and and a legend in my own home, but not so for Portland.
Have you changed into your avatar Ian? ;) or else your profile pic might be a give-away :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts