YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Why is it that, whenever I type the word 'new', it appears in my posts in bright red font colour?

Also, where have all the funny animated emoticons gone?

Thank you!

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LesleySS @ July 30 2003,14:54)]Why is it that, whenever I type the word 'new', it appears in my posts in bright red font colour?

Thank you!
On your first point,  strange does not appear red to me on your posts ?

On your second point,  probably the same place our balls have gone  

Daz

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daz @ July 30 2003,14:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (LesleySS @ July 30 2003,14:54)]Why is it that, whenever I type the word 'new', it appears in my posts in bright red font colour?

Thank you!
On your first point,  strange does not appear red to me on your posts ?

Daz
it does on mine too

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Julia C @ July 30 2003,17:06)]
And I've just noticed that one of John Gulliver's posts (his latest one in the diving Caribbean thread) also has a red new on it!  Too weird.... but at least it's not just me.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

I don't.

I wonder if it is a browser version issue / css or something?

It'e either the code or the data.  
Sorry poor coding joke there.

Adrian

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

Its nothing to do with the YD coding - I suspect that you have some unwanted spyware - there is a program that highlights certains words and turns them into links to websites - can you click on the highlighted words?

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Adrian Kelland @ July 30 2003,22:09)]It'e either the code or the data.  
Sorry poor coding joke there.
I defy you to explain how that is funny. I am extremely confused. Is this what it feels like to come to a diving social when you don't dive? As Denzel Washington said at least 5 times in Philadelphia:

"Talk to me like I'm a 4 year-old."

One confused Digs.  

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

Digger

Its a poor excuse for why a programmer's code doesn't work. Of course it's either the code or the data that is causing the problem. Now tell me why it doesn't work? A tautology? As a four year old you may not know that word

Frustrating day yesterday, now off to Jersey to grovel and apologise for something out of my control.

And no diving for me this w/e or next

Adrian

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

It's kinda like saying:
My computer doesn't work
It's either the hardware or the software

·
The Artist formerly known as 'John Duncan'
364 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>Hi Lesley, in your quick reply window when you are reading a post click on the "view all emoticons" bit.  
or when you use the "post reply" button click on Help cards: [Emoticons :

·
3,293 Posts
Imported post

Hi

I might be wrong but this 'new' thing happens when you have clicked for new posts. This then conducts a search. I guess that the search function will also bring out the 'new' text and highlight it as well as the post which will have been flagged as 'new' until you read it or until the next time you log in.

Hope that helps

Andy

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wetlettuce @ July 31 2003,17:07)]Hi

I might be wrong but this 'new' thing happens when you have clicked for new posts. This then conducts a search. I guess that the search function will also bring out the 'new' text and highlight it as well as the post which will have been flagged as 'new' until you read it or until the next time you log in.

Hope that helps

Andy
Not a millon miles off mate - searching for new posts instructs the script to compare the user's cookie data with the current posts and display any items posted after last read date - it has nothing to do with searching for the word 'new'.

As I have already said, this has sweet FA to do with the YD code and I suspect it has everything to do with spyware. Try downloading AD AWARE and running it to uncover any hidden spyware on your PC

·
3,293 Posts
Imported post

Hi

mmm. I'm running redhat 9 and mozilla browser. Theres no spyware here. Linux doesn't let anything install without telling you.

It also does the same on my PC at work which runs XP and ie 6.

No other forums do this and I go to quite a few although I don't know any other ikonboards

Kindest Regards

Andy

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Imported post

Thanks everyone, it doesn't bother me that much, I just wondered... shame that the good animated emoticons have gone though, had some real faves such as :sofa: !!

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wetlettuce @ Aug. 01 2003,00:51)]Hi

mmm. I'm running redhat 9 and mozilla browser. Theres no spyware here. Linux doesn't let anything install without telling you.

It also does the same on my PC at work which runs XP and ie 6.

No other forums do this and I go to quite a few although I don't know any other ikonboards

Kindest Regards

Andy
F**K knows then! Doesn't happen on mine (all six of them!)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dominic @ July 31 2003,16:34)]It's kinda like saying:
My computer doesn't work
It's either the hardware or the software
<font color='#8D38C9'>or it could just be that you havent plugged it in......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts