YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there I was, sitting on the harbour wall having a nice coffee break drinking the frothy glory I have just mastered from the shop's cappuccino machine, when, all of sudden......

4 black RIBs with black clad divers and various other black clad water-going types pootle along the harbour and moor up.

"that's a posh club" thinks little old me, "look at the comfy seats on that there inflatable". Not wanting to appear too thick, but curiouser and curiouser, I ask the boss to come and look and ask if they are military types?

"yes" says he, "they are the Special Boat Service". Well, I never. I never even knew they existed. And what a fine looking bunch of talent to grace our harbour on this fine sunny day.

I could have taken some photos but I was scared they might shoot me.

·
R.I.P.
5,709 Posts
So there I was, sitting on the harbour wall having a nice coffee break drinking the frothy glory I have just mastered from the shop's cappuccino machine, when, all of sudden......

4 black RIBs with black clad divers and various other black clad water-going types pootle along the harbour and moor up.

"that's a posh club" thinks little old me, "look at the comfy seats on that there inflatable". Not wanting to appear too thick, but curiouser and curiouser, I ask the boss to come and look and ask if they are military types?

"yes" says he, "they are the Special Boat Service". Well, I never. I never even knew they existed. And what a fine looking bunch of talent to grace our harbour on this fine sunny day.

I could have taken some photos but I was scared they might shoot me.
You want to do a little trip out to Poole then Vonny, you'll see them all the time.....

Also, keep your eyes open on Thursdays. They Navy have a Thursday 'war' off Portland on a regular basis and you might be lucky and see the boats coming out of the back of Hercules transport aircraft on parachutes, followed by those guys you've just seen.

I'll wager a bet they were practicing MCT (Maritime Counter Terrorism) in and around the Portland harbour wall.....that's one of the reasons you aren't supposed to dive there.........

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
OOOhhhhhh! Were they cute? did you get their phone numbers?
:angel:

Note to self..... move to where there is much more excitment :)

·
Myth Buster
510 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Oh damn... were they cute... such experiences should be shared, packing now, when can I come... lol

B x

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
B and Morag, YES they were cute. All the YD guys will, therefore, think that they must be gay. But a fine bunch of talent if ever I saw one. I think the sun and caffeine must be getting to me.

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
I've seen their Monkeys sorting out the rebreathers on a few occasions in Portland......it's quite funny. They sit there drinking tea whilst the monkeys service the units and then they come out en mass and don them and they're gone in a jiffy.

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've seen their Monkeys sorting out the rebreathers on a few occasions in Portland......it's quite funny. They sit there drinking tea whilst the monkeys service the units and then they come out en mass and don them and they're gone in a jiffy.
Sounds like the green eyed monster raising his head my lovely!

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
Do those same monkeys shift pianos ? :rolleyes:

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Well, I never. I never even knew they existed. And what a fine looking bunch of talent to grace our harbour on this fine sunny day.
Well time for a bit of Ying and Yang then as the beer bellied old farts from Canterbury Divers will be down there Friday to cancel this out ;)

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Well time for a bit of Ying and Yang then as the beer bellied old farts from Canterbury Divers will be down there Friday to cancel this out ;)
Like peas in a pod Paul, peas in a pod! ;)

Chunders

·
Myth Buster
510 Posts
What kind of freebies do you think they'd get from the 'gracious people of Weymouth' when they were released?

Vonny,

If they were sporting a little white flag and trying to surrender to the harbour master then they were Marines !

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
B and Morag, YES they were cute. All the YD guys will, therefore, think that they must be gay. But a fine bunch of talent if ever I saw one. I think the sun and caffeine must be getting to me.
Vonny, you underestimate the men of YD. We can rise above such childish notions. The fact that they appeared 'cute' to you would never be sufficient for us to label people in a particular way.

"that's a posh club" thinks little old me, "look at the comfy seats on that there inflatable".
Hmmmm.. comfy seats? Sorry my mistake. They ARE gay. Every one of them.:)

·
I'm a country member
1,477 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts