YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

When Andy and I set up YD last November, we never thought it'd spread so far and wide (hence the, now obviously erroneous, Yorkshire Divers site name!!) Just a big thankyou to all who have, so far, helped to make YD the success it is and here's to next year and a YD world domination!

Big thanks

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Well I'd like to say a big thanks to YD, because of it I've gained loads of top quality mates, some great weekends away, and lashings of top diving.

YD already rules mate... its my home from home.. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

I would like to contradict with Mr. Williamson's above statement..... But I can't.

Guess I'll have to agree.

####.

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

YD - I'll give you YD ... it's ruined my life I tell you.

Constant cravings for new bits of kit, jealousy at people's exotic dive destinations, encouraging me to get up at stoopid o'clock to meet fellow YDs at dive site X and other places when you KNOW I need my beauty sleep more than most.

I'm holding you lot responsible you know  .... (stumbles off for coffee)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

You missed out "being lured to licensed drinking establishments during the week for an imbibition of a large quantity of intoxicating liquor, causing a further exacerbation the costly aspect of the sub-aqua pastime"

Wednesday good for you? The Elm?

:boozer:

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

If you put it like that - about 8.00ish

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Excellent suggestion my good fellow, and I should actually be on time as I'm off work Weds/Thurs - party!

Hopefully Emma will be OK for then, how did the rigging of new toys go last night?

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Nah, you lot are all a shower of bastar......

Err...Sorry, thought I was on Divernet there for a sec.

Like I say, if the product's good, the punters will want it right? Quad erat demunstrandum. Here's to the Double Tun and the next dive or YD social.

Rave on YD!!

Cheers,

·
Registered
59 Posts
Imported post

What else can I say that already hasn't!

When will new road come? Will they touch the precious things of the shop? Lines and lines and lines - what do they mean?

Well done to the YD management - it really has got a character all of its own.

When do we dive again, when when when - can we go now?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

It IS very addictive isn't it? Doesn't do too much for my productivity though...
Re D-net...apparently some people actually prefer that type of "banter", I'm pleased Bren introduced me to this side!

Regards
Steve

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

A site is nothing without the participants so congratulations to all out there I would especially like to thank me and will reward myself with a suitable large drink - well done old man.  Why thank you.

Seriously tho. as Steve W says it is a very addictive site as Jay could no doubt show from our frequency of logging on.  Well done to Jay and Andy - don't change the name tho.

WRT the diving trips I would respectfully ask everybody that you don't go on about it so much especially on my 'grounded' weekends - it makes me very jealous.  Can I be so bold as to suggest that no trips occur except on weekends that I dive?  Please?  

O all right then, go on if you must. [shuffles away sulking]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts