YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Long time no sea
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Well off subject. Does anyone know how much it would cost to get a single bathroom window replaced in a modern house 1.0 x 1.3m approx.

All the double glazing companies will not give price list but want to offer free consultation and I don't want to give my details to the likes of these.:thumbsdow

It's terrible marketing to keep your prices secret! Makes me feel they are highly variable and unless I'm super careful they will rip me off.

Neill

ps. Thanks.

·
Now a Silent Warrior
1,447 Posts
There is a good place up near me that manufactures them for self fit.
I know that doesnt help you much but there must be the same near to you, have a look out for supply Trade and public signs.

You could also try Screwfix Direct, Im sure they do them in the Screwfix big catalouge, ive seen conserivtorys in there.

Im going to guess though. If its £500.00 fitted for the avarage Upvc door, a window is about £150.00 and £100.00 to fit.

£250.00 all in.

G.

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts
Neill said:
Hi All

Well off subject. Does anyone know how much it would cost to get a single bathroom window replaced in a modern house 1.0 x 1.3m approx.

All the double glazing companies will not give price list but want to offer free consultation and I don't want to give my details to the likes of these.:thumbsdow

It's terrible marketing to keep your prices secret! Makes me feel they are highly variable and unless I'm super careful they will rip me off.

Neill

ps. Thanks.
is this double glazed or not and does it have any anti fog coatings, a sealed unit will cost between £35-£55 due to them not having to use putty or fit new beadings etc
single pained glass will cost the same with an extra cost for the fixings, frosted glass is zero cost but it might need toughened and that will stick £20 on the cost and you will have to wait for it

Graham

·
Long time no sea
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
more info

thanks so far...

I want someone to take out the whole shooting match - double glazed upvc frosted non coated window currently tilts out on hinges. doesn't close properly now and would like a fixed window with the upper quarter that can open out on hinge. or even a casement style side opener. what ever - i need a good ball park idea of cost.

thanks thanks thanks

Neill

·
Nigel Hewitt
7,142 Posts
Neill said:
The list prices are inflatedly high so everybody gets a pretend huge discount. Then the salesman is paid on Gross Profit Margin.
Get one in, tell him you're going to get three quotes and he is the first.
Sign nothing, agree to nothing, get a quote in writing.

Always remember that double glazing salesmen are worse than second hand car salesman. You don't have to treat them like they are human.

Reactions: Neill

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
To replace one window that size l'd charge approx £350 + Vat.

If it were part of a larger project approx £250 + Vat

If you're any good at DIY, it's a piece of p*ss to fit windows.

·
Life is rushing past!
1,206 Posts
These guys always have windows displayed outside, I think you can go in and buy one that fits and then do it yourself.

Pro-Fit Windows Systems Ltd
164, Leatherhead Rd, Chessington, Surrey KT9 2HU
Tel: 020 8288 8893

It may be a bit far for you to travel but you may get an idea on price.

Reactions: Neill

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I hope you have already managed to solve the problem with the window. By the way, I also have a window in the bathroom, it's sunny on the side from where it comes out. I decided to tone it up, my friend recommended it to me frosted effect window film https://www.window-film-solaris.co.uk/self-adhesive-frosted-film . It's easy enough to fix it when it dries, it's already glued to its own glue, it lets in enough light, it delays the light excessively unpleasantly, now it's not so hot in the room. I think it will be interesting for you too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts