YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I’m delighted to announce that Casey McKinlay, the Project Director of the WKPP and Jarrod Jablonski will be giving a presentation on the work of the WKPP and their account of the 2006/2007 season at Nottingham University on Friday 12th October at 8:00pm (Bar opens at 7:00 to meet up prior to the presentation). Woz has helped me organise this and will assist in selling tickets through his site as well

Casey and Jarrod have asked that any profit from the event goes to a UK charity related to diving so, in recognition of the WKPPs support for research into decompression and diver maladies, proceeds from ticket sales will go to the DDRC whose valuable work benefits all divers.

The Woodville Karst Plain Project (WKPP) is a non-profit affiliate of Global Underwater Explorers (GUE). The mission of the WKPP is to explore, survey, connect and protect the flooded underwater cave systems of North Florida's Woodville Karst Plain. To this end, the WKPP promotes public awareness, education and scientific discovery through exploration and research support within these flooded underground cave systems. Through partnerships with state, federal and private landowners, the WKPP is uniquely positioned to facilitate scientific research and the gathering of valuable data. In turn, researchers, resource managers, policy makers and landowners can formulate necessary and responsible land use decisions to protect these unique and treasured resources for future generations.

This is the Friday immediately prior to the Dive Show in Birmingham so people may choose to travel up one day early to attend this evening event which is a short distance from the show.

This is not a GUE event – it is open to anyone who is interested in hearing about the logistics of exploration dives at 300 feet where decompression stops are measured in hours rather than minutes, where 27 scooters, 8 safeties, 27 stages and 64 decompression tanks in addition to food, deco harnesses and various accessories need to be staged to give two divers any chance of making a link between two systems. Other agencies have been invited and all are welcome at an evening where that which joins us all can be discussed - the drive for exploration and a shared passion for diving.

Jarrod and Casey after 24 hours underwater.

Tickets cost £6.50 before the event or £7.50 on the door. Please indicate intention to attend and I'll let you have more details.

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
If I'm back by then, I'll be there. Can't commit at the moment though I'm afraid ;).

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
Tickets now available from the front page of the kitfondle site. Nottingham University Subaqua Club will be hosting it so don't think it's just for long hosed teccies- we're a bunch of single tank muppets who cry when we're in caves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.