YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi All. Well its finally happened. I've been granted, and received, a Permanent Entry Visa to the wonderful land of kangaroos!
I wasn't expecting to hear anything for at least a couple of months but my employer in Oz has been bombarding the Australian High Commission in London with e-mails requesting them to 'fast track' my application, and they seem to have done it!

Completely buggered my plans of at least one venture with YD and the chance to use the divelight I got for Crimble, but beggars can't be choosers and I've got to "get mi coat"!

I probably won't get wet for a while, until settled in, but will post Trip Reports as and when. I've even ordred one of those new Oceanic Titanium semi-dry's to take with me. No more dry bags for me!

Catch you all soon and if you're ever in the Perth WA region, in need of someone to splash around with, its only an hours flight from Kalgoorlie and I would welcome an English voice.

I can't stop bloody grinning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Hey mate, as they like to say in WA, I spent 4 months there a couple of years back, before I learnt to dive, and I absolutely loved it. I dont do jealousy but hell I could get close you lucky bugger. With a bit of luck I might get out there soon, we are bidding a job in Perth, so I'll keep you in mind if thats OK.

Have a great time, watch out for the spiders and sheep shaggers.

Matt

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

No Worries, Matt.
Spiders are no problem, redbacks so easy to spot, once seen never forgotten.
Sheep shaggers?
I live in the foothills of the Pennines, I AM ONE!!!!
Not seen any round Kal though, only 'roos and most of those were 'sleeping' at the side of the road (that's what my mate tells his sprogs when they see some roadkill).
If you do manage to land the Perth contract, you can get me via the forum or on [email protected]

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Well Heads, talk to Gav and get your ugly bald head on the count for the Spinaway gig!

Congrats Paxo, my (and the missus) visa to Oz is in the final stages, so might get to meet and dive with you out there - YD exodus has commenced.....

DiveOz Website

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Clive mate,

Well in and good effort!! Keep clear of the folk from Geraldton!!! I once had a wild time with a Brazillian girl up there and the locals looked at her like she was from Mars! Seeing as she wasn't 'local', they didn't know what to make of her....personally I think it was the dental-floss bikini that threw them, but hey.

Top shout on getting your ticket mate. More so than the US and Canada, Ozz is the place I'd hunker down if the UK was no longer an option - having lived in NZ, Ozz and USA, I suppose I should try Canada before making a comment like that.

Take care mate and dive safe - always! We'll send you some pictures of a dry-bag, just so you can remember what they look like!  

Enjoy, you lucky sod!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts