YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after a morning at work I'll be setting off in our Campervan for a weekend in Plymouth with Kirstie and Turbie. Friday night I'll also be meeting Frosty and Queen Scallop (if Frosty manages to find us after we tell him the wrong pub :angel: ).

Saturday we plan to dive the JEL, Sunday the Scylla. Fingers crossed that'll be two more ticked off my 'must do' wreck list for this year (I've already crossed the Somali and the Glanmire off my list recently:) ).

Watch out Plymouth, Wee Jimmy's coming down :teeth:

Kirstie - make sure my complimentary bottle of wine is chilled and don't forget the little chocolates on our pillows :girlhug:

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Well, after a morning at work I'll be setting off in our Campervan for a weekend in Plymouth with Kirstie and Turbie. Friday night I'll also be meeting Frosty and Queen Scallop (if Frosty manages to find us after we tell him the wrong pub :angel: ).

Saturday we plan to dive the JEL, Sunday the Scylla. Fingers crossed that'll be two more ticked off my 'must do' wreck list for this year (I've already crossed the Somali and the Glanmire off my list recently:) ).

Kirstie - make sure my complimentary bottle of wine is chilled and don't forget the little chocolates on our pillows :girlhug:

Helen.. watch yourself down there.. apparently the locals like to beat the police.. :eek:

BBC NEWS | UK | Head cameras 'help tackle abuse'

:D

·
Spider Crabs can just f*ck off
16,005 Posts
There are some cans of Stella in the fridge and a bottle of absinthe. Will that do?

Oh, and a bag of cheesy balls in the cupboard.

·
16,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are some cans of Stella in the fridge and a bottle of absinthe. Will that do?

Oh, and a bag of cheesy balls in the cupboard.
Have you got the Tizer in for Wee Jimmy? :)

Oh, err and don't look in the freezer compartment of the fridge :redface:
You've not been bottling your secretions again have you? :eek:mg:

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
Well I'm certainly looking forward to welcoming our vistors from the third world. Just a few points to bear in mind Helen my dear. English is actually the first language spoken around here so asking the barman for a bottle o' broon and a packet o' tabs may be met with a blank stare. Similarly enquiring after the availability of most northern offal based foods will not meet with a positive response.

I should also warn you that electric lighting is common here so please don't be frightened by it and it would be a mistake to allow your whippet to defeacate upon the pub table. Hope that helps.:)

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Plymouth people

Buoyant Babe said:
For the love of God lock up your Sons............................and your Newkie broon ;)

Have a good weekend m'dear :)

Safe diving,
Steve

Reactions: 3141592654

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
For the love of God lock up your Sons............................and your Newkie broon ;)
I'd love to see you order a bottle of Newkie broon in a Newcastle pub. The look on your face as the smashed bottle gets shoved through it would be priceless.

For those not versed in fluent Geordie (I lived there for 4 years) the local phrase is: "Howay pet teay bottles 'o dog an a canny bag 'o salty Tudors".

for those heading to Plymouth a similar phrase would be "Eeere maid! Oil ave teuw points ov Doom Bar. You goin' for 'alf a yaaaard at Cap'n Jaspers? Where's that to?"

·
16,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I'm certainly looking forward to welcoming our vistors from the third world. Just a few points to bear in mind Helen my dear. English is actually the first language spoken around here so asking the barman for a bottle o' broon and a packet o' tabs may be met with a blank stare. Similarly enquiring after the availability of most northern offal based foods will not meet with a positive response.

I should also warn you that electric lighting is common here so please don't be frightened by it and it would be a mistake to allow your whippet to defeacate upon the pub table. Hope that helps.:)
HOW DARE YOU! I haven't smoked tabs for years!

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
Aye, a bottle o' dog it is man! :)

Ahh wid climb a moont'n for a bag o Tudor :)
Things that I used to love about living in Newcastle:

1. Alan Robson's nightowls. The funniest thing on the radio.
2. Talking to complete strangers for 20 mins while waiting for a bus
3. The Bigg Market slappers
4. Pubs on the Quayside (before it was turned into a "development")
5. Driving down the Scotswood Road/Meadowell Estate and seeing stolen cars being taken apart by the side of the road
6. Having the sea so close
7. The Tyne Bridge
8. Getting pissed in South Shields- party capital of the North East
9. Drinking in the Red House during a very high spring tide standing up to my ankles in seawater
10. The "trebles for a quid" bar at the Haymarket

Happy days.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.