YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else just had their accounts f##ked up by Barclays?

Well i got back from holiday etc to find the Woolwich website shut, no new login details for barclays, no card / pin number and worried where my wages were getting paid.

Straight down to the local barclays to throw a hissy fit and today hey presto 2 bottles of wine

NO F##KING CASHPOINT CARD THO!

If you're not happy complain!

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Has anyone else just had their accounts f##ked up by Barclays?

Well i got back from holiday etc to find the Woolwich website shut, no new login details for barclays, no card / pin number and worried where my wages were getting paid.

Straight down to the local barclays to throw a hissy fit and today hey presto 2 bottles of wine

NO F##KING CASHPOINT CARD THO!

If you're not happy complain!
h ya steve i think my problem was slightly different but nevertheless frustrating ! and like u say either a phone call to barclays or a pop into their branch should sort stuff !

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Was yours originally a woolwich account? or do they have a habit of getting it wrong anyway?
no steve mines with barclays and ive been with em 18 years now !

and the problem with my acount was caused when i moved a small amount to another barclays costomer ! hence suspending my acount ? yes very silly but when she explained why it was very good what they do in that sittuation !! :teeth:

·
The King Of The Divan
1,848 Posts
They moved all the Woolwich accounts into Barclays.

Not sure how you slipped through the net as in the months leading up to the changeover, I received at least 3 letters informing of what was going to happen and that I need take no action. I then got new cards and PINs and chequebooks and everything worked smoothly.

Was your address up to date on the system?
No wine for me though :frown:

·
Rich D
582 Posts
well......i've got my cheque book, but no cards yet

to be honest I moved to the woolwich to get away from bad experiences with barclays, then 6 months later barclays bought them out. I work for a large bank, and have a inground hatred of large financial institutions - having seen how they work from the inside out...

my mortgage is with a building society, and i'll shortly me attempting to move my current account in the same direction

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Come on now, be fair. Banks are hardly to blame. I mean they are trying their best, working staff to the point of distraction through low wages and ever increasing targets, laying staff off because cheaper labour is available in other countries and having to get by on a meagre £9 billion profit. I think its unfair to always be blaming banks.

[Retreats to a safe distance and waits for the fuse to burn out ...]

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
i was one of those dumped a few years ago. I don't think my work went abroad, it just went somewhere else, or doesn't get done anymore.

I took great delight in moving my account to another bank when I left and I still (after 7 years) feel rebellious when i use a green pen. (we weren't allowed to use them as they were used exclusively by the internal auditors) :angel:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts