1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
12,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Geoff Milne ('gfm1') just posted this on D-net:

[email protected]

[Geoff wrote]:

"Flew out with them last Sunday (25th), and they are now very hot on excess luggage. They stated they would charge for everything over the stated allowance, at £5/kilo and were doing so. Loads of unhappy travellers !

When I suggested I would take my regs as hand luggage they stated that this was not allowed as they could be used as a weapon !!

Really need to get this sorted with the airlines. Surely the various dive operators/travel agents should be doing something on our behalves?

Maybe next time I'll wear everything !! "

· Registered
12,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

I think that's one of my defining memories of charter flights: the check-in staff's sympathy for your plight being as rare as room-service in Baghdad. Invariably the only way round it is to book 'Premium/Premiere' class where you tend to get 40KGs instead of 20KGs, and where the uplift in price can be measured in £100-200 type range and NOT the hikes offered by flying with a scheduled airline. Or, indeed, if you can afford it, do go with a scheduled airline at a fare that will give you the weight allowance you seek.

We were OK with Regal Dive Holidays in November 2001 in the Red Sea, but, as a result of not being hassled AT ALL (even though we were in 'cattle class') about taking my whole dive rig (minus weights and cylinders), I forgotten the airline!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.