YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
2381 - 2400 of 2424 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
/vent

Worse instance evah last night.

The difference between a good and mediocre/bad tank is amazing. Whilst I just can't do it myself (tanking that is) I'd have thought that if you're going to do it you would want to do it well.
lol it's always the tank's/healers fault! :0
I was tanking 5-man group quests yesterday, had great fun until a mage joined the party. We agree to clear the area first, but he immediately starts pulling bosses at Black Temple. what a git lol.

I'm not saying you didn't have a bad tank, but just occasionally groups need to learn that throwing out massive dps to rush the boss is not a big help if you want the little tankie to tank ;)

I still got my Thottbot World of Warcraft: Overlord's Helmet of Second Sight though :)

G2 I did enjoy Ramparts. I need Coilfang now too. Took my rogue through DM the other day, got annoyed with the warrior who rolled 'need' on everything. Grrr. He's going to get a slapping next time I see him :(

·
Proven ability to roll with it.
2,293 Posts
lol it's always the tank's/healers fault! :0
That's not what I mean, it wasn't anyone's fault, although throwing your toys out of the pram and logging is not a nice thing to do.

What I should have said is that a great tank makes any instance easy mode - I've met a few excellent tanks and it then gets really fun seeing if I can out aggro them. :D

A tank that can REALLY control multiple mobs makes my life very easy. If I can throw a few gentle DoT's on a secondary target then I can get more Nightfal procs and go nuke happy.

With regards to Bosses I've never really had a problem with any tank.

As a lock my DPS tend to build slowly and the only real problem is a massive Amped, CoD proc but I accept this risk as it's always going to be 60ish seconds into a fight anyway. Frankly it's worth the repair bill to see your CoD hits XXXXX for 9,000dmg :D.

When I see it's ready to proc I make sure I'm ready with a soul shatter in case.

The other death I accept is from AoE. If I fuck up and don't SoC enough mobs then it's my problem, I don't need saving, no need to come to the rescue.

I've never had a problem with healing really but then again I tend to favour strong steady DPS and drain life usually puts me somewhere on the healing table as well. :D

·
Registered
839 Posts
The gauntlet run in Shattered Halls you need to be damn quick, the longer you stay in that hal the more mobs you have to fight and the more likely you are to be the main guest at an orcish BBQ...

Kathy: if the mage pulled doomwalker that, I'm sorry to say, would make me laugh outloud...The number of times you hear his 'announcement' in SMV when somone accidentally pulls him (how? curioisyt perhaps?) is fairly amusing.

Thats a nice warrior helmet too, one I'll be after on Teronix I think, I like the stats on it, though permanatley seeing ghosts in SMV which can aggro you is a pain, and have left me confused when a mate was calling out for help when no one was attacking him...

Gav: As a healer you can spot the difference between tanks a mile off. Uusally you can tell how easy it's going to be if you see me start wanding mobs...if i'm 100% on my toes, we might be in trouble (see Underbog ;))

Troc: Congratulations! What did Kael drop?
Surely that means, assuming you've downed FrostWhisper, you're BT attuned?

·
2,293 Posts
Sick of my shitty gear I blew nearly all my money last night and made the second piece of FSW.

Still got the crappy gloves, belt and pants though. :(

·
Registered
941 Posts
I know how you feel, it took me aaaages to get my spellfire stuff! Be patient little evil undead one, you'll get there!

I'm sick of my shoulders, they're the only bit of blue gear I have left, I need to get into Kara and get the drop from Aran!

However, nearly got all my gladiator's PvP gear! :D

·
2,293 Posts
The spellfire mats are just evil!

·
It doesn't look like that from where I'm sitting..
4,745 Posts
Oooooohhhhhhh, listen to you lot!

Here I am a lowly lvl28 and a bit warrior dwarf, and, although I am emabarassed to say it, I've only just realised I can throw a bloody weapon!:embarassed:

All these drops of monkey knifes and throwing axes and things, and I've just flogged the bloody things!:embarassed: :embarassed:

It wasn't until I was I a battle in some Gulch thing the other night, that I saw everyone else brandishing multiple weapons and the like that it got me a thinking!

Perhaps I should join a guild and someone would point me in the right direction! Only, I'm sterring clear of that 'cos my attendace is soooo irratic, I think I'd be kicked out pretty quickly.

Now I've got find a decent single handed weapon too, as so far I've been using two handed.... so off to the AH for me!

Bloody game....:teeth:

Pete

·
2,293 Posts
Mwaahahahahahhaaaaa.

You'll find your attendance will improve. Trust me.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Gav, tell me about it, 380475834756 primal fires and 2745684 netherweb spider silk, gah!

Mr Dang Doo, I wouldn't worry about it, I didn't realise I could portal until I was level 40 :embarassed:

Joining a guild is a great idea, there will be plenty of casual guilds rather than the 'OMGRAIDZANDEPICZ0RZNAOPLZ!' hardcore guilds that are, frankly, a tad scary! You'll get plenty of help no worries! :D

·
2,293 Posts
I'd like to find a hardcore heroic guild!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Sounds like my guild tbh.

We have so many rules and regs now I just go into denial and laugh at them.

·
So much more than a child's play thing!
2,725 Posts
Does this mean that you can press the buttons on your computer a little bit faster than someone else on the Internet?

Your mum must be proud.
Did someone leave the door unlocked? :D

G2

·
2,293 Posts
Your mum must be proud.
I wouldn't know. She's dead. Thanks for reminding me.

Would she be proud that I work hard, can afford (several computers), internet connection and treat myself to the occasional computer game.

I like to think so.

Reactions: EBT
2381 - 2400 of 2424 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.