YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>Digger will be gutted he was trying to get the uni to help him put together a plan for 10 days underwater

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]ps I don't want any YBODers saying they wouldn't have to change their cylinders every 4 hours !
Nah, just swap the O2 3l for an 18 & change it every couple of days.  
 Trim in the water wouldn't be that great though - THE BELLS, THE BELLS etc..

Slightly impractical anyway, cos the YBOD bitches at you something rotten if you're below 0.5 PO2 so it's a non-starter on CNS grounds.

If this wasn't a concern, I'd be spending the whole time trying to figure out how to change the scrubber without turning the pool into toxic soup

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger. We thought 10 days would be hard but possible. We were planning to just ruin a couple of board games, sleep in FFMs, and generally waste a week and a half. If I can waste 2 days watching telly, I can waste weeks with something stimulating to do!

8 years putting this together? So far I've put in about 3 months, and we're nearly there. Why can't he just use a swimming pool like everyone else? Bet he's not got sponsorship like me. Dominos pizza, I'm hoping to get a local off-licence in on the act. I'm not sure if I could go 15 days without beer.

If anyone wats to get involved with my attempt, you're more than welcome to e-mail me, I'm currently in talks with the athletic union at uni, ad it's getting somewhere pretty fast. They love the idea of an article like that about 2 nottingham uni students.

Anyone know who this guy is? I could do with getting in touch, as I might like to see how he plans to do a few things. Liek the toilet end of the attempt. We don't have an issue going in the pool, but I think the pool staff do. We'll have to keep a record of the number of wees we go for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts