YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Would You Hear the Phone Ring?? - One for the Boys

• Yes?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No?

• Not Whilst Trying to Breath Through my Ears!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

OK, the winner of Pop Idol - with what might be described as a stunning voice and a slightly more 'Rubenesque Figure' than the usual waifs which get served up in the lamentable products commonly referred to as 'Girl Bands'.

Question: If she sat on your face, would you hear the phone ring? :D

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>would have to be so inebriated I'm not sure I'd hear my heart beat let alone the phone

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#008080'>that doesn't dignify an answer mr t

(got to say did make me laugh though)  

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

If she sat on your face, forget the ears, you'd have to breathe through your feet

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Hey Bren.

As a mod you would object if someone took the piss out of a  persons race or colour.
So why do you think it is aceptable to take the piss out of their size.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

Howard

Why not size? There are jokes taking the piss out of American Indians, old people, newly weds, blondes, welsh, irish and so on on this site. Whats special about not taking the piss out of BBW?

Adrian

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

OK so maybe l should have said insulting people because of there size.

Whats BBW mean?

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Imported post

Howard, my good man,

Let me clear a few things up for you.

I am not a Mod of this site, and haven't been for a long time - I am a member, just like yourself and everyone else here with the exception of Andy2Tanx and Jay (Heads Up) - hereinafter referred to as 'The Owners of YD'. The Mods concept was done away with sometime ago as the board was then thought to be (correctly in my mind), and has proved to be, largely 'self-policing'. On that much, I think we can agree, right?

Vis-a-vis me being, as you might have it, 'size-ist' - not a bit of it; indeed no more so than the light-hearted banter which flows merrily and in spades upon these boards in the whole 'Ard Northerners vs Soft Shandy Drinking Southerners' gigglesworth.

And, as a matter of fact, this light hearted comment was made by a female friend of mine who is, by her own admission, and quite gloriously so (in Naval parlance), 'rather broad through the beam', so to speak, and she had no problem with offering the line either. An act so lacking in self-consciousness as to be both noteworthy and laudable!!

The whole point of the debate with my friend - granted not put forth clearly here by me - was that it is singularly refreshing for some one to win one of these consummately trite-n-trashy competitions on the strength of her voice alone; regardless of looks and at the expense of the usually Biafran belles who usually take the laurels on the basis that they 'look good, are photogenic, have nice tits' and invariably have a rib-cage you could use as a Xylophone and that's it!!

The fact that they are all trying desperately to ape Mariah Carey and her ilk is skipped over (along with any talent, originality in concept, style or delivery) for the sake of how the final product - for sure they all become - might 'sell'? Who cares what they sound like. Ergo irony, writ large, in this case.

Might we just be being a tad over sensitive here Howard? Race, colour and sexuality are things with which we are, in my book, born - size, on the other hand is a (no pun intended) 'moveable feast'. Either way, and to use Association Footballing parlance: "The girl done good".

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

breathe thro yer feet - no need, that's what snorkels are for!

Actually, It's great that for once we seem to have a winner chosen on the basis of their vocal talents rather than any other attributes.  Although you wonder if this is a case of PC'ness breaking through after the dismal showing of previous 'pin-up' winners

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Being "Rubenesque" never hurt Alison Moyet or Mama Cass so good on the lass, although I've no idea what she sounds like 'cos I don't watch that reality tripe, but I imagine she probably sounds pretty much like the rest of today's crop, all that awful warbling 'cos they can't hit a note, hold it, them bring in a touch of tasteful vibrato like a proper singist would

Oh... Howard, obviously you've never met Bren 'in the flesh' otherwise you'd simply had retorted  something like "Pot, Kettle, Black..."  

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (diving dude @ Dec. 22 2003,19:34)]Whats BBW mean?
Big Beautiful Women

I understand there are :cough: websites dedicated to their glory  

Adrian

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

OK Bren.

Would it be aceptable for me to have a poll saying something like,
My leftside neighbour is a 20 something west indian male, my rightside neighbour is a 20 something white male.
Which one is most likely to mug someone?

And then l could justify it by saying, l'm not racist.

In a post of yours a while back you mentioned something (can't remember what) in a light hearted manner that some considered racist.
A few replies stated this and you imediately apologised.

l'm all for free speech, the point l'm making is why is racism wrong and sizism, (even if self inflicted which in a lot of cases its not) Ok?

Oh and by the way you're still a norvun munkee  

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>as a fat arsed moooo i think i have a pretty big say on this - i dont find that really offensive (it is said in jest, not as a cutting bitchy remark for which i would have stapled his testicles to his earlobes and his foreskin to his chin).

Its pretty damned funny really.  I mean, one of the funniest things i read was "all things being equal, fat people use more soap" - out of lifes simple observations, that is a classic.  I dont want to look like Jennifer Lopez, Posh, or anyone else.  Hell, my arse has its own postcode, it affects the tides and the orbits of small comets.
I laugh at short jokes (watch you dont trip over your tampon string etc)
I laugh at blonde jokes (what do you call three blondes sat together?  A wind tunnel)
I laugh at men jokes (oh where to begin...)
I laugh at everything that i find funny.  If you dont like that, bite me.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (diving dude @ Dec. 22 2003,20:35)]OK Bren.

Would it be aceptable for me to have a poll saying something like,
My leftside neighbour is a 20 something west indian male, my rightside neighbour is a 20 something white male.
Which one is most likely to mug someone?
:
The fat, balding middle-aged man in the middle!

Peter

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Imported post

Howard, mate,

You just confirm my point for me! The thread to which you refer where I might have been racist was where someone had made a rather bad and sledge-hammeringly unsubtle 'Did you here the one about the ****** who....?'; someone then went to try (incorrectly as it happened) to suggest that the 'joke' had been delivered using irony; I then went on to explain that no, the correct use of irony for the material on offer (i.e. colour of skin related) would have been either Sammy Davis Jnr or Lenny Henry releasing an album of KKK/BNP/NF medlies, entitled 'Dark side of the ****'.....with an all white cover! Why is that ironic?? Coz neither artist would undertaken such an endeavour and both would find it funny!

In no way can that be considered racist as the ire of my piece was directed at anyone falling into the crassness of overt of covert racism by making someone of 'colour' the butt of their joke in a kack-handed way! My piece flung the upperhand back to Davis Jnr and Henry by putting them in a position where their detractors would not get the humour by undertaking such an endeavour.

I also tend to agree with Porg: ANYTHING, and I mean absolutely ANYTHING can be found humourous, if the circumstances are correct; albeit given that humour has to meet an all too obviously personal criteria.

This Norvern Munkee still thinks you're being overly sensitive. Or are the chances of you seeing any humour in this about as rare as you employing a Chinese chef who's the proud owner of a naturally ginger Afro?  

If you need further proof - just trawl through all your entries in the 'Post Ya Jokes Here' thread and confirm that everyone you've posted meets your strict moral code and in no way infringes the 'Whoops, I appear to have slipped into social stero-type mode'.....

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

This is "getting a bit heavy"  

I am certain no direct insult was intended, whether felt that way or not. As for her voice, a slim person could not sound that way, she deserved to win and I respect that. As for her lifestyle which is currently being reported in the press, she is happy with what she is and has, I respect that to. Would I let her sit on my face? - Only when Kylie was finished.  

James

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dcrampt @ Dec. 22 2003,23:20)]Oh dear me!!! If they go on TV then its OPEN SEASON!!

Hey Dave,

Does the same logic apply to everyone on TV whatever race or colour?  

If so then l'll hapily join in with the 'fat' jokes.  

1 - 20 of 81 Posts