YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I was walking around Wraysbury today, and thought, I know, although I haven't got a drysuit, all these OW Students don't seem that bothered, I've got the day off next Friday, and hell, the water IS over 4 degrees and its only 9M or so deep, so how cold can it possibly be?

So, on that cheery note, who fancies a couple of dips at Wraysbury on Friday? Am halfway through my AOW with about 20 dives.

A buddy with a mobile hot-tub would be great, but one that likes to "amble" round and enjoying themselves but with a eye to staying alive would be slightly better!

On a seconf thought, I will probably hire a dry suit - methinks a semidry is asking for trouble. So although I have done my dry suit course, I have only done 2 dry dives - need an experienced buddy! Also, it doesn;t have to be Wraysbury - will consider somethign a little more adventurous!

Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
Imported post

I was there today too. Over 4°C? Barely! I logged 5°C. Them Uni students in wets looked well cold... I don't think they were in for more than 10 mins.

Sish

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Ha! You probably saw me walking around! Shame I didn't know a YD'er was there.

Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
Imported post

Well I'm not sure I qualify this being my 2nd ever post! I'm the Chinese guy with the twin 12's and Bodyglove suit. There were a few people hanging around, so I'm not sure who you'd be.

I do not think Wraysbury hire out drys anymore.

Looks like I should be free Friday but alas - no car.

Sish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts