YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Finally managed to get wet last night, at Wraysbury. Wednesdays are, like so many other inland sites, their late night. I arrived just after 6:00 pm.

Was planning on diving with one of my wifes buddies, but she had a panic attack shortly after getting in the water 
a good excuse to practice for my forthcoming Rescue diver course 
This is now in my logbook as my shortest ever dive... 4 minutes!

Anyway, helped her get out of the water, and calmed her down, telling her not to worry, and that we can all call dives for any reason.

I then tagged along with some other friends for a second puttle.

We dived as a 5... one leader, and two pairs. I considered the evenings diving as training/refresher dives, and I think it went very well. I found my breathing (I usually can chew through my air with the best of them!) much lighter than I remember it, and thought my bouyancy was pretty ok for somebody that has been out of the water for about 5 months. We visited two of the horizontal boats, which I found made good bouyancy practice to swim over, keeping about a foot about the deck at all times.

After dekitting, we all retired to the "Perseverance" just down the road to fill in logbooks etc. and re-hydrate.

Although there were a few divers around, everything was so much calmer than weekends... no nervous OW students, no Rescue Divers kicking up the viz (I better be quiet about that, I'll be there in a months time on my RD course!) If anybody lives or works near enough to be able to get there for that sort of time, I'd recommend it!

All-in-all, not a bad way to finish a day at work.

abucksdiver

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>If they werent so sad miserable and disorganised  down there I would agree. I love the boat with its nose stuck in the mud and the cray fish can be very entertaining. I did my Nitrox and Advanced Nitrox at Wraysbury but for me the ultimate course there must be navigation. If you can find all the atractions in wraysbury with one tank of back gass you should consider your self cumpus mentus:)

But hey it's shed loads better than Laybourn (shudder)

ATB

Mark Chase

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Mark,
Dare I say, they actually seem to be getting themselves organised (a little!)

They now have a swipe-in regristration (no charge for this), so once you have filled in your details, you only have to present you card, and don't have paperwork etc. to fill in.

They also seem to have been doing some work on the platforms and entrances over the winter.

Another interesting inhabitant of the lake is the bloomin' great pike that lives in the bus... (like all the fish in there, he hides elsewhere at the weekends... all the OW and rescue Diver courses kicking up the viz...) He had definately decided that he owns it!

abucksdiver

1 - 3 of 3 Posts