YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#333399'>Received this morning from MCA, for those that are interested.

Have your say.

Review of the Protection of Wrecks Act 1973.

This is a rare opportunity to contribute to the development of the process relating to the designation of sites under the Protection of Wrecks Act 1973.

The Nautical Archaeology Society would like to hear from you if you have ever applied for a licence to dive a designated site, or would ever consider doing so in the future, similarly with regard to applying to have a site designated under the 1973 Act. The information you provide will help clarify the effectiveness  or otherwise of the current process for the designation of wreck sites.

Please take the time to complete the on-line survey at:

www.nasportsmouth.org.uk/powactreview.htm      

For further information please visit our website at :

www.nasportsmouth.org.uk

Or contact the NAS office on 023 9281 8419.

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Imported post

Funny that - I applied for I license to dive the Church Rocks Wreck yesterday.

Apparently DCMS are not handling the 1973 Act stuff now, and it's going to be handled by English Heritage - hence your post.  All I can say was both the chap at DCMS (Dept of Culture, something something) and the guy who is kindly going to add me to his license were both extremely kind and helpful.

And it's free, too!  Cool.

Visiting site now...

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>AND EVEN BETTER NEWS,,,,,,,,,,,,, THE ADU HAS BEEN TAKEN AWAY FROM MARTIN DEAN AT st ANDREWS ,,, AND GIVEN TO WESSEX UNI............... FF.

Andy

sorry had to shout ,,, best news i've heard in years

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>end of the 5 year contract from what i'm lead to believe.. will post more when i'm back at work and got more details,,,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts