YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

All,

We have between 2 and 3 spaces on Gary Lawson's rib Pegasus, based in North Berwick over Whitsun bank holiday weekend. Plan is to try to do some of the more distant wrecks. We hope to work up some depth through the weekend, probably doing about 30m on the sat, about 35-40m on the sun and then about 45m on the monday. Hopefully all on wrecks.

We have accomodation sorted in caravans for the weekend (Tantallon CP). With food included, the whole weekend comes out at £110 based on 8, if there are fewer it will be a little bit more (not too much). If you live locally we can come to some sort of arrangement re cost (£29 per day if there are 8 of us).  

Buddy pairs would be better, but individuals welcome. Experience of deeper wreck diving is a must - would prefer people on twin sets carrying deco gas etc.

If anyone is interested, reply, PM or email.

Paul

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Just to add Gary's RIB Pegasus is an absolute spanker of a boat. With Gary also being in the local RLNI you couldn't ask for a better, more safety conscious, brilliantly skilled cox...

I still remember sitting on the sponson of his boat and a cardinal marker going past about six inches away! This was shortly followed up by heading straight for Bass Rock at full speed, only to go onto full lock at the last moment and pass the rocks by about 3 feet!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]This was shortly followed up by heading straight for Bass Rock at full speed, only to go onto full lock at the last moment and pass the rocks by about 3 feet!
This is his party piece! You do get to the stage where you think "ha ha, he will turn away in a minute" - as you get closer and closer. You then start to get really worried.....

He is a really good skipper and a good laugh if you stay on the right side of him. Not that we have been on the wrong side, but I wouldn't want to be!

Paul

·
Respected Wreck-diving Author & Resident Farnes Ex
666 Posts
Imported post

Hi Paul

I'd be interested in the condition of any sub wrecks you might visit
Cheers Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts