YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to move my Compass from a wrist mount to one of those retractable lanyards.

Any suggestions for how to convert the compass mount to attach to one and where to get one from?

TIA

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
I think I have a retractable lanyard somewhere - give me a day or two to have a look :)

If I can find it, you are welcome to have it in exchange for the motivation you gave me back in January to get my lardy arse off the sofa :)

(because now, it isn't anywhere near as lardy :D)

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Is it a Suunto one? I think there is a different boot you can get for it to add it to the end of a suunto console.

As for the retractable lanyards, by far the best ones I've used are the ones which can lock closed and open as required with a button on the side, and have nylon cord instead of the metal wire in some - in a rescue situation you don't want somebody trying to cut something off you that's attached with metal wire if possible, and quite often consoles are attached to the opposite side of the body to where they come from - which means that you need to remove or undo them in order to get a BCD/Wing/Harness off a person.

I got mine from Divelife, if you rang them up and explained what you were looking for they should be able to help. I think they are these ones http://www.divelife.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2579

Digs.

·
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I have a retractable lanyard somewhere - give me a day or two to have a look :)

If I can find it, you are welcome to have it in exchange for the motivation you gave me back in January to get my lardy arse off the sofa :)

(because now, it isn't anywhere near as lardy :D)
Well thank you very much!

You decided to join the Nike+ so the credit is yours.

If you do have a spare lanyard then a suitable donation to the YD Charity seems in order.

Cheers!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts