YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone looking to sell their Canon S95 ?

With U/W housing would be great.

I'm told this is the one to buy for surface and underwater.

I hear from Camera Underwater that the S95 is about to be replaced shortly.

PM if your looking to sell.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jenny tells me that within the next 4 to 5 days the camera will come out but the housings will be a while longer.

I was asking about

Canon Ixus 220 HS
Canon G12
Canon S90 - Year Old already
Canon S95

and her conclusion was a S95.... A few others also advised this was the way to go.

·
Dive tart, just can't say no :-)
9,453 Posts
Typical - everything i buy is obsolete within a year :(
It's not just you mate, anything electronic has zero upgrade path and a very finite life span if you care about things like having the best etc. On the other hand does it still do what you want it to do? If so hang on to it :D

·
Is somewhere else!
4,728 Posts
There's nothing obsolete about the S90 or S95, just cos they arn't sold/made anymore wont stop them being more useful underwater than the S100 that will replace them.

Now is the time to start looking out on ebay for camera and housing packages as people 'upgrade' and get yourself a bargain.
The S100 promises more functions, greater wide-angle and zoom and less battery life. Seeing as battery life is the most important thing you've got underwater, and the S90/95 has little enough of it,
even less is going to be a bit of a problem - especially if you're using a strobe.

So hold out for second hand if you can. Apart from the above, you'll be saving 2 to 3 hundred quid over new.

·
Is somewhere else!
4,728 Posts
There's nothing obsolete about the S90 or S95, just cos they arn't sold/made anymore wont stop them being more useful underwater than the S100 that will replace them.

Now is the time to start looking out on ebay for camera and housing packages as people 'upgrade' and get yourself a bargain.
The S100 promises more functions, greater wide-angle and zoom and less battery life. Seeing as battery life is the most important thing you've got underwater, and the S90/95 has little enough of it,
even less is going to be a bit of a problem - especially if you're using a strobe.

So hold out for second hand if you can. Apart from the above, you'll be saving 2 to 3 hundred quid over new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts