YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ginger, Irish, sometimes stroppy
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi all

Anyone interested in stumbling along to a site in the SE (preferably Guildenburgh) to help me get into UK diving ?

I'm available evenings and normally one day of each weekend so if any one would like to try to arrange a visit to GB or somewhere else then please let me know.

Also if any of the instructors on the board feel like helping out with some Dry Suit training then that would be perfect.

Cheers

Conor

·
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Imported post

I have found some people from scubaboard who are in a similar situation so there are now 4 or 5 of us going along to wraysbury on Saturday so if anyone wants to join us (or just come along and say hello) then please do. It would be good to have a couple of more experienced UK divers there.

The idea is for a few of us to meet potential buddies and to have a play with some of the kit you UK divers use and us warm water types have vaguely heard of (SMB's, reels ......).

Hope to see some YD southerners on Saturday.

Cheers

Conor

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Conor
Abucks is going on Sunday, I might, need to check the calendar for this weekend before comitting us.

Matt

·
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Well it looks like there will be 6 or more of us there on Saturday from around 10am, all are welcome to come along or just say hello if you are around

·
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Had my day in wraysbury afew weeks ago, it wasn't that far off what I'm used to. The water temp was about 21C but the vis varied from a couple of meters to a couple of cm.

But the main thing is I have now managed a couple of dives in the UK. Now the next question.

If anyone wants to dive around here then please let me know. If anyone knows of a weekend trip coming up that might be suitable then again please let me know.

I can't wait until my next trip abroad to dive

Thanks

Conor

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>Hay mate I could make Sunday or Monday 24/25th if you are interested.:blues:

·
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Monday would be perfect for me, I'd have figure out the trains and buses etc so couldn't say a time just yet, but a couple of dives on Monday would be very good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts