YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
rEvolutionary Diving
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know that rep isn't everything on YD but on X box I'm not so sure.

I have not got much in the way of numbers but I managed to get a full set of stars and then the 13year old son of the GF had a play.

When I looked at my rep I'd been given some bad feedback, "Quits early" was one thing that was mentioned (if he's getting beat he doesn't like it so if he's playing with a group and he gets killed early then he quits) "Unsporting is the other one, (he's happy to finish off a dead one) I'm surprise dhe didn't get reported for other stuff as my eldest said he was slagging off a yank.

Now all of this is a pain but today I've only played a quick game with Andy2tanks and now my bad rep percentages have increased.

So the qusetion is, can I find out who gave the bad rep? Is it possible to get him (the 13 year old) his own sign in. I suppose the answer is no to the first and yes it will cost though to the second, however I live in hope that someone will know different.

Ho Humm

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi

I'm not too sure about the whole rep thing on Xbox, I don't think anyone has commented either way about me, 'saltski' (my gamertag). But if your ever online and fancy a game (Uno is usally my favorite for online) take a look and see what I've got.

There must be a way to find out who gave you the bad rep, maybe digging deep in the dashboard, or take a look at you recently played list see if you see anyone you don't recognise.

TTFN

·
Registered
679 Posts
I really wouldn't worry about it. It is total nonsense mainly left by American teenagers for no apparent reason other than to piss you off.
It has no bearing on the system as far as i can see you get to play without any bother. I too have a young son who apparently tends to annoy others by quiting early etc.
You can only have one sign in unless you pay for another Xbox live account. Feedback is anonymous to prevent revenge strikes. Best advice forget it and enjoy playing after all you've paid for the privledge.

·
Ginger, Irish, sometimes stroppy
5,997 Posts
I thought you could have multiple gamertags and the box held the xbox live account? is this wrong? probably.

We'll have to meet up for a game sometime and share the love.

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
Simon - don' thank Mal for moving you to the games room, your now only 1 step away from that WoW satan worshipping lot.:)

·
Proven ability to roll with it.
2,293 Posts
You called?

·
I see fragged people
682 Posts
cut his fingures off!

Hi Simon,

You can create a free silver Gamercard here

Your GF son can then login xbox live using his id and rep BUT he cant play on online games - that requires a gold membership.

Rep does mean something - otherwise they wouldn't have the feature - you want to know more read up on Xbox.com | Xbox.com Home and MajorNelson.com. I'm not sure what happens if you get a bad -ve rep but if its anything like what they used to do with Halo 2 then its well worth making sure it doesn't get too bad. Back in the Halo 2 days they would freeze your account, give you x days suspension or in the worst case (usually cheaters with hacked xbox's) they cancelled accounts.

I would suggest asking him nicely to stop being a pain in the ass :teeth: or stump up the ~£40 for another account...

HTH

Eddy

·
I see fragged people
682 Posts
Now all of this is a pain but today I've only played a quick game with Andy2tanks and now my bad rep percentages have increased.
Thats a little weird - usually the rep stuff is instant - you sure Andy didnt give you bad rep :teeth:

Eddy

·
Registered
32 Posts
dont worry about the rep at all. its only there so the ppl who give you bad rep have less chance of playing with you again and the ppl who give you good rep have more chance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts