YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired depth-junkie, just a holiday scooby now
1,130 Posts
Si, top tip M8 go out and buy GRAW2 and i will see you tonight. And make sure you have a headset as well, live is much better with it

Gaz

P.S make sure you have xbox gold live membership (needed to play games on live) costs £30 for a year, but you do get 1 months gold free with a new console.

Reactions: The Doctor

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
And it plays music with some right spaced out visuals especially after a few pints.

Whats your xbox live tag?????

Gareth

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
I have purchased an Xbox 360 with a few trimmings. I can now play online games.

I did own a sega megadrive about 15 years ago and haven't bothered with a console since so it's all a bit new to me. I've signed on Xbox live but thats as far as I've got.

Any hints and tips will be welcomed.
Finda ten year old. Tell them they can play for a whole hour if they set the whole thing up for you online etc. Then come back in an hour and tell them they can play for another hour if they beat all your mates online one evening. Beat all your mates. Feel good about it. Pretend to have a technical problem that means you can't get back online. Spend the next 6 months trying to get as good as that ten year old was first time on the thing.

Just got all my old favourite Mega Drive Games for the PSP. £15 from Game, and it's got everything I used to play on the thing. I am so impressed it's funny. WHo needs graphics when you've got a fighting game where you can only punch hi and lo, kick hi and lo and jump. Brilliant.

Digs.

·
rEvolutionary Diving
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
addict

Ohh my god!

I've become an addict in two days.

I'm online with a gold membership. I've got Gears of War, Gotham racing 3, Saint Row and another one i've never even opened the box on somthing recon I think.

It's now 2.30 am and I've just finished online with a mate from Holland playig Gears or War.

I did have a 13 year old set it up. He doesn't have his own but he'd been on one before He. was online and playing with loads of his mates in less time than it takes me to load a game.

I'm never going to get the hedge cut now.

·
It doesn't look like that from where I'm sitting..
4,745 Posts
Simon, you've further than me ... I've had mine about 6 weeks... I can admit,that although I'm set up with live membership, the closest I've got to joining a live game, is to be in the waiting room... got so p1ssed off waiting to join, that I canned it!

GRAW 2 is really addictive though.

There is a thread on here somewhere with everyones tags... mine is YD 3D.

Hope to see you soon

Pete

·
rEvolutionary Diving
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Simon, you've further than me ... I've had mine about 6 weeks... I can admit,that although I'm set up with live membership, the closest I've got to joining a live game, is to be in the waiting room... got so p1ssed off waiting to join, that I canned it!

GRAW 2 is really addictive though.

There is a thread on here somewhere with everyones tags... mine is YD 3D.

Hope to see you soon

Pete
Waiting room? that's something I haven't experienced. I had a mate come oner to stay for a few days. He's left Egypt and Starting a contract in Turkey. He went to Holland to visit family and friends before coming here and he saw an Xbox for the first time. He was so impressed that he bought one and when he arrived here he convinced me that it was what I needed.

Last night he was in Holland and we were playing as if he was in the room, the headset audio quality is really amazing. The graphics are also amazing HD really makes a difference.

I'm going to try and limit myself but it won't be easy. I have quite a few online friends and I keep getting invited to games. (thats because the kid who set it up and was playing as me set up some friends and they think that because he was using my name that this player is good. I'll try not to dissapoint.)

Pete if you can't get into a game can you not "host" one?

Everyone, if you see me on give me a shout, I'm "poseidon seagod" (not that I am saying I'm a sea god but I did have a Jetstream on the table when I had to come up with a name)

Game on!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts