YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the xerotherm arctic come in two different fabrics, only ive had a large top that is soft and
stretchy, and ive also had an xl top that is not soft nor is it stretchy it is also charcoal black and stiff in
comparison, fourth element claim that they are all the same but im sure they are not, have any of you
had the chance to compare cheers ocean

·
I am a person NOT a number
7,710 Posts
You have 4th element xerotherm base layer then there is 4th element Arctic layer then there is 4th element Sub xero these are listed in order of thiness to thickness

There are a couple of other layers but the 3 above are probably the most common ones used.

·
GUE-F
742 Posts
Im on my second set of Arctics, the first set I bought second hand and Im sure they were dark blue. My new set are black and are more stretchy than the first set and are longer in the body.

·
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam
13,407 Posts
Im on my second set of Arctics, the first set I bought second hand and Im sure they were dark blue. My new set are black and are more stretchy than the first set and are longer in the body.
My set is a few years old, there's no stretch at all in them, never has been. If the new ones are stretchy then I'd say they were a different fabric or at least a different build up.

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
222 Posts
there either Xerotherms or Artics,Xerotherms are soft and stretchy and the artics are normally stiffer and thicker with white stiching,read the name on the back of the top.

·
Open Wide
2,417 Posts
I have two Arctic tops, one os definitely more stretchy than the other older one. The older one was never stretchy like the new one is,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts