• Yes I did

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I did not

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
Imported post

I get a bonus and more overtime than you can shake a stick at, have not had a day of since the 1st of december and will work up to midday on Christmas eve. Also had two tins of M&S biscuits and an expensive bottle of plonk, the only down side is that most of you will earn more than me without a bonus.

· 2 plugs Parker
714 Posts
Imported post

I was told that the building site that I am on is going to be taken over buy a brick baron in the new year and to finish the houses we had started and look for a new job. Thank you very much David Wilson Homes.
Didn't even get a thank you, and don't quote me but didn't they make £300,000,000 last year

· Street Cleansing Operative
4,348 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I'd normally laugh at even the suggestion - a christmas bonus in the public sector? But this year, I sort of did!

Most of you will have forgotten the dispute the cops had over pay and conditions with Blunkett last year, but the package we got shafted with came into force this year. We managed to get some compensations for basically allowing our management to screw up our home lives as much as they like (for instance, last week I had to attend court on my 10th wedding anniversary; my wife and I being dragged back from the holiday booked especially ten months earlier!). Part of the package was Special Priority Payments - a once a year payment made to certain officers deemed to be in the toughest posts. It's a devisive policy and not at all popular. However, I qualified for it this year, and it just so happens that it was paid in the last pay-packet before christmas!

I don't agree with it, but call me a hypocrite - I'll take it!

· old time
6,621 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I voted YES, Just a case on how much do i pay myself.

Got sent some really good stuff ( bank manager etc ) & i thought champange was something only racing car drivers got to spray on each other..... By god it tastes all right

Andy

( got a boat and dive charter company as a early christmas prezzie,,,,,,,,,,,, wonder what i'll get on X Mas day ).

· Registered
781 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I voted yes, but on reflection I'm not sure that a free turkey and a £3.60 subsidy on the canteen christmas dinner counts. We used to get an extra weeks wage, until we we're bought out by the "good old USA".

Merry Christmas All.

gareth

· Registered
12,115 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (narkedat50 @ Dec. 19 2003,13:49)]Wh needs a bonus when they allow you to work for them all year for free.  

James
Yes, somewhat of a 'Samaritan' view there squire!  

Having just spent a long week in Tel Aviv, and saw:

1) Two Apache Attack helo's going plenty and unloading all manner of ordinance into an 'as yet unspecified' area not far from my hotel room balcony, just after dinner (watching them hover and unload kinda makes you think twice about where you are).

2) Being awoken at 0-dark-30-Sparrow-fart by an extension of the same ruck going on (I can now tell both how high or low one of these beasts is above the ocean AND when it changes gear to move higher or faster).

3) By complete contrast, an absolutely gorgeous woman, standing bollock-naked on her balcony (cigarette in one hand, mobile phone and chatting in the other) not 100 yards away in the next hotel from my balcony when I'd nipped out for a ***. The fact that she saw me, smiled and waved took my mind off other issues for a minute or so. Being a gentleman, of course I waved back

They say the world is full of contrast - I saw beauty and norz in the same day - just in different post-codes: but then again, don't we all? It's the degree of same, by which these things are separated, which make the memory either painful or pleasurable.

Ah well, I'll be spending most of January back there, so might not be posting a lot during that time.

Take it easy all and take care.

· Registered
541 Posts
Imported post

Well the boss man took me and my apprentice out for dinner and a few ales on friday,
Sent the boss home in the equivalant of a body bag, and If  I didnt put him in one, ill bet his Missus did when dribbled thru the front door..
And the lazy sod didnt trn up for work at all on Sat, just left us poor overworked,underpaid mechanics to finish off from him.
Still he forgot to close the Tab when he left and being the resonable type of chap that i am.
and knowing he would be upset if we didnt use it properly. And after much agonising,  we hammered it ( I dare say he will bial me up when i get back from holiday)
Steve

· Registered
5,960 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mary @ Dec. 19 2003,18:16)]we i used to live in france i believe my dad had a "thirteen month year" ie one months salary bonus for christmas.
<font color='#0000FF'>In Portugal employees get a 13th month for Summer Holidays and a 14th month for Christmas. I have my own business and I particulary dislike these extra months as it messes up cashflow. It would be more reasonable to increase monthly rates and not have the 13th & 14th month.

· Registered
5,960 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Porg @ Dec. 19 2003,21:16)]we lost a guy in an accident and another vet got his arm broke by a bull (he was trying to chop its balls off at the time - no anaesthetic).
<font color='#0000FF'>In 1992 my brother got married in Australia, I went of a couple weeks earlier and stayed with some friends on a farm and helped out. One day this most beautifull gorgeous girl came and her job was to castrate the bulls. This was done by tying the bulls to the raillings where she would hold their 'tackle' and with giant pair of 'tweezers' or whatever it is called would close in and crush the semen vessels (forgot the proper term) How I felt for those bulls, they sure mooooood, I couldn't help but cross my legs. I sure kept my distance from that girl!

As for christmas bonus, I've been given so much wine from my clients I'm able to pass these on as presents and have enough supply until next christmas  

· The Artist formerly known as 'John Duncan'
351 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>I get a bonus every year (only £100) and 50 freebie 1st class stamps, and I get Boots vouchers from my union social club. I just Loathe, sorry LOVE working for the Royal Mail.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.