YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Resident Princess & 'Ned Redresser'
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Apologies for the repetition of posts, but just thought I would put this into a more logical place.

In case anyone hasn't seen the thread in "recent trip reports" (chez Hayhurst) there is a suggestion that we meet up for a YD Xmas :santa: get-together (food, booze and such-like):madnoel: :rock_band: :party2:

There is also a suggestion that it could be the 14th December (a Saturday night).  

However, given that we are all spread to the "four-corners" we are still looking for suggestions as to possible venue.

Timing has warned that this may seem like a good idea in principle, but may be a bit harder to organise.

Come on folks....... - you up for it?

Suggestions/thoughts please.

Fi
:smile:

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

####-fire woman that sounds like a plan!!!!

Be rude not to. My Fi's a nurse (and yes, I look sensational in her webbing!!) so her diary permitting (earlies, lates, nights etc.), we'd be up for a tanner's worth and no mistake.

Davey "Hand-cuff Sonata & Fugue in D Minor" Willo has a suggestion of a gaff near his manor. What was it it Davey?? HMP Whitemore??? Seriously, he had a good suggestion for a troop assemblage and rally point. Come on Willo, out with it!

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

Lets get it sorted.
Best to Keep it Simple or the organising will be far to much and it wont happen!!

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

I'm up for this.  Prefer the venue to be not too far away given the pass-out situation ie. couple hours drive max.

I've been racking the brains for somewhere suitable but it's times like this that me brain just decides not too play ball.

How about a cottage somewhere bleak?  Lots of tinnies, bottles of malt lashings of full fat curry - perfect.  With an open fire - naturally.

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Imported post

Just had a flash of inspiration (I hope), well, possibly - although would Northumberland be too far for people to travel?  (who knows - if the weather was OK - a dive trip to the Farne Islands would not be far away! :wink: )

Friends of Gav and myself own a VERY beautiful cottage in Alnwick which they rent out.

Here is the link:
<a href="http://pages.zoom.co.uk/northumberland/index.html

There" target="_blank">http://pages.zoom.co.uk/northumberland/index.html

There</a> are beds for eight (or is it 10??), and probably room on floors etc... for some more.

Cost is usually £150 for the cottage for two nights (which based on 8 people would be £18.75 each for both nights - or to put it another way £9.37 per person, per night!).  I don't know whether we could negotiate a one night price? :smile:

I don't know if the cottage is free, but your initial thoughts please?

Ta

Fi

(Edited by Fi at 7:02 pm on Nov. 20, 2002)

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

DOOOO IT..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't even think about Fi, just crack on and get it booked. Northumbria only 20 mins away from my house (mind you, so is Devon when there's a sherry in the offing with decent company!)

Well up for it!! If Fi and I (that's mine you understand, I'm not for a minute suggesting any impropriety!!) could get a room then that would be great - failing that, have Green Maggot, will travel.

Let's LARGE IT!!!

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Imported post

OK guys - I estimate that we need a minimum of 8 people to make this viable.  So far - Gav, myself, Bren and his Fi.  If we can get another four or more of you I will book it.  

Can we have definites by the end of this week please.

Cheers!

Fi

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Nice One Fi.

I'm up for it and Jo needs to see if we have a baby-sitter for the night.  So book me a twim room and if Jo can't make it then the bed is open for someone else.

Cheers,

Tim

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Any ideas which weekend? I'm hoping to get a weeks holiday in somewhere from 12th Dec, but if I'm here count me in, though I expect my other half will have to skip any jollies due to impending uni exams
Chee-az
Steve

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

OK, I have a dilemma here.  Do I spend my birthday weekend with the YD troop back home in Northumbria, or do I stay at home?  Advice on this please!

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Frog!

I can't believe you even asked the question.  What better place to celebrate your birthday than in the sticks with us.

Is it a significant birthday?  21?  I know its not done to ask a lady her age but, well, I'm not sure amphibians count;-)

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Imported post

SteveW,

The plan was w/e of 14th December.

Hope that helps in your deliberations!

Fi

·
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Tim, you have convinced me.  Back home to Northumbria for my birthday weekend!  Age - not telling you!  It's not a significant one though.  A woman's age (or frog's!) is like her dress size.  Classified information.

Fi, please add one frog to your list.  Unless it's something like £200 a night there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to go!

·
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Ha, I ruddy well wish Ben!  I certainly would NOT wish to be that age again!  You can work it out if we meet!  Dive safely.

·
1,421 Posts
Imported post

:eek: ;) :spank:  :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

I suspect if the holiday comes together it'll clash with the YD-W/E, pity 'cos we could have had double celebrations for Frog and my birthdays (mine is 12th), well,  perhaps celebrations for Frog and commisserations for me as I don't want any more birthdays - had quite enuff of those already:(    

1 - 20 of 44 Posts