YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Does anyone here know where I might source a 'Y' valve for a single cylinder rig that I'm wanting to put together.. Although I love my twinset with a passion bordering on something perverse I'm finding that I'm missing out on a lot of good shore/rib diving simply because it's a complete nightmare humping a bloody great twinset across rocks to a receding sea line or having to displace people on a rib simply to make room for me and my kit, so my cunning plan is to have a singles rig but one that I can use with my doubles setup as far as regs are concerned

There appears to be 'H' valves to purchase but it's a symmetrical 'Y' valve that I'm after as the 'H' valves look a bit tricky for shutdowns...

I've searched a plenty but cannot find anywhere that sells them..

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
Dave.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Dave
arent they the ones that are common in Europe, so maybe a French shop would know or a Scandavian one? Gully might know.
Matt

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>You've probably thougth of this but what about a set of 7s - use the same rig as the 12s and bob's yer mum's brother.

They're perfect for shore dives as they are easy to carry out of the water and if I bother getting a full 300bar fill I can do two 25m shore dives easy.

On the Y valve issue - try PMing Mark Davies.

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

Hastings Diving Centre, Hastings, East Sussex says they have several sources for them. HDC is where our dive club is based.

01424 715006 and ask for Paul if you are interested. Emphasize the Y not H again if you do phone up.

Rgds
Bryan

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Thanks for the quick replies boys..

Matt, yeah they are popular in Europe mate and so I thought a search on Google would of helped but it didn't...

Gav, I tossed around the issue of sevens and to be honest if I owned a 40# wing (see other thread) I might of gone that route, but the truth is I can get my hands on a cheap 15ltr, I can buy a second hand pioneer wing (which will also do for me hols..) and so all I would then need is a 'Y' valve

I'll ring that number finless, thanks mate

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Dave,

The ones I bought recently were sourced via Beaver. The best thing about them is that they're quite wide, making shut downs a little easier than others I've seen (though I know that's not a problem for you!). They were about £30 each.

I'll next be diving them on 6th December from Anglesey (see Planned Trips) if you want to come and have a look. Wetlettuce is coming as the only DIR on board, so he might welcome the company.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

Thanks Mark, Anglesey would be great I wonder if my missus will let me out to play... I better go ask...

·
2 plugs Parker
745 Posts
Imported post

Too late there Dave I just got one off ebay 4 weeks ago
and will be test diving it on Sunday at Capes. It used to be a real pain having to strip down and rebuild the regs so I could use them on a single. The make I got is Beuchat. You may find a dealer on there web site.
http://www.beuchat.fr/catalog....&scat=2

Ali """:)))

·
currently offshore, please leave a message
1,106 Posts
Imported post

Hi,

try Decathalons siving section they sell wierd and wonderful stuff like that.

regards

DD

·
The Artist formerly known as 'John Duncan'
364 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>I use a twintakeoff on my single, but not for shutdowns (like you said, it is a bit awkward) but for ease of changing my twinset first stages and regs on to a single without having to change the hoses around. that way I can always use the same cofiguration. I use a sherwood valves modular with an extra takeoff but the Beaver one is a bit wider.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts