YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
WHOO HOO...look free mask and smorkel thingy.....
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
oooh lovely ,i was out off irelands eye today with some of the guys in the club to test a new hull on the boat...and boy the waves were big we went airbourne a few times .After we slowed down and kited up everyone was feeling a little iffy anyway rolled out and went on a dive ,bit of ear clearing probs on the way down but chucking up into my reg seemed to sort it out, yuck....once under for a few mins felt a grand but a little cold. 30mins at 20 mtrs vis was also poo.....i wonder why i bother sometimes?:rolleyes:

·
Nigel Hewitt
7,142 Posts
but chucking up into my reg seemed to sort it out, yuck....
Been there, done it...

It's best in the Red Sea where you are suddenly surrounded by small fish.

A buddy chucked through the loop of his inspiration holding a 6m stop. I was really having trouble understanding what his signals were all about until we surfaced and he explained. We helped him hose it out and clean it and he dived next day which was probably more than I would have done.

Reactions: RogerViking

·
I see Red people
1,186 Posts
You should have come out with us Roger , we're so concerned with hanging on and not falling off that you dont have time for seasickness
Although you werent that sick that you couldnt scoff down a few fruit slices afterwards :teeth:

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Done it. Hard boat in Plymouth getting a lung full of diesel fumes pre dive.

Came to the 6m stop and just let go a large amount. Not an issue, it all just went out. Surface interval i washed reg out (unscrewed it etc), moved to a different place on boat and dived again.

Provided you keep the reg in you can bring up pretty much anything and it'll be harmless (if not messy)

·
Heavily medicated, for your safety.
1,754 Posts
Been there, done it...

It's best in the Red Sea where you are suddenly surrounded by small fish.

A buddy chucked through the loop of his inspiration holding a 6m stop. I was really having trouble understanding what his signals were all about until we surfaced and he explained. We helped him hose it out and clean it and he dived next day which was probably more than I would have done.
So Nigel, in all seriousness, does it actually go through the mushroom valves? I've often wondered; if I have to chuck, can I stay on the loop?

Reactions: RogerViking

·
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You should have come out with us Roger , we're so concerned with hanging on and not falling off that you dont have time for seasickness
Although you werent that sick that you couldnt scoff down a few fruit slices afterwards :teeth:
ah comon dave i could never be that sick......yummy fruit slices......mmmmm

was just chucking up a bit of water i drank earlier oops and some tea.

·
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
'nice' did it keep it nice and warm for afterwards.:D

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
Taking a third steak & kidney pie during the lunch break before a particularly 'rock-n-roll' drift dive in Weymouth lead to my initiation into this rutual.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
yep just throw up strate through the reg lol!! can get a bit hard through a posiodon though ! :teeth:

seafood curry nite before lol !! i will learn honestly lol

·
Nigel Hewitt
7,142 Posts
So Nigel, in all seriousness, does it actually go through the mushroom valves? I've often wondered; if I have to chuck, can I stay on the loop?
Apparently if you tip your head and blow it all goes. We did our stops, which was what mattered, and he didn't really want to discuss it much.

I've only ever done it OC, which was scary enough, but I pulled the reg, heaved, suppressed the gasp and purged the reg into my mouth. My mouth tasted like a well used poop-scoop by the time we got back on the boat but I think keeping face down meant gravity was on my side.

Not something I want to try again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts