YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Add Water To Activate
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.... but of course we all know that :teeth:

Yazz has been doing the technical kind of stuff with her PC(deleting images off YD) and somehow has managed to have lost lots of features of YD..... headings, members list, avatars etc. Obviously I would give her the benefit of my technical experience but she would much prefer the advice of someone who actually knows what they're talking about :)
Could that someone please PM Yazzy with instructions on how to retrieve all she has lost :teeth:

·
Add Water To Activate
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I said when she asked me to post a thread for her explaining what her problem was but it would have taken me the best part of the day so I just put the basics of what she said :teeth:

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
being completely untechnical, I would suggest a rollback or whatever it is called. Somewhere in the control panel. It restores the settings to an earlier time.

I don't know if it would work, but that would be my first call to fix it

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Most features are controlled from within the forum, not by deleting old files.

Otherwise Yaz may have turned off some browser functions.

So, are images turned on? That kind of thing.

Adrian

·
Add Water To Activate
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Most features are controlled from within the forum, not by deleting old files.

Otherwise Yaz may have turned off some browser functions.

So, are images turned on? That kind of thing.

Adrian
Message from Yazzy via msn .......
i have tried a restore and nothing has changed................. i was deleting old images i had attached to threads on the yd.
Yaz can read the threads but not reply

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Message from Yazzy via msn .......
i have tried a restore and nothing has changed................. i was deleting old images i had attached to threads on the yd
If the images are no longer on the YD threads or linked to them, then the browser may have been using the cached version. If Yaz deleted the cache, then the images can't be shown.

·
Add Water To Activate
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I may actually learn something from this though i'd doubt it :embarassed:
Yazz says should the html be on or off ?

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
ON/OFF switch is all we need :angel:
Don't talk to me about on/off switch. Some knobend done exactly that in the office this morning ending in me getting a phone call at 4am to say there's been a "blip" in the electricity. This blip has blown half a dozen pc's, (which need completely rebuilding) a couple of routers and numerous dealerboards and I'm the only mug that answered the phone this morning hence being the only one in the office :angry:

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Having spoken to Yaz, I'm fairly sure this is a browser problem (FF1.5 I think). However clearing cookies (logging off/on) and the cache did not help.

Adrian

1 - 20 of 27 Posts