YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
3 boats down from the candy
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

my job entails many an early morning start and a long journey down the motorway to various destinations and  as i often travel alone it gives me plenty of time to think and contemplate on how to put the world to rights. allright that maybe a bit of an exaguration maybe i just want to pass on the knowledge i've gained ,(as i would like it passed on) about good service and people who are good to deal with. well on my way to birmingham bullring on thursday morning i thought that if yorkshire divers had about a 1000 members and growing maybe we should have a section heading of yd recomended this of course is something jay would have to approve of . at the time of concept of this idea i thought of just the positive but having just read brens posting on dive boat skipper diggs i have had to rethink the plan and have a  yd not recomended not that i want it to negative posting but if the recomendation of one can stop the misery of many go for it

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

Certainly would approve of a "YD recommended" section to give us all a chance to say how much we liked the service or attitude of a dive location, operator, training facility or what ever. Recently I have done my Nitrox course with chris Hall
, excellent, and also had great service from the divers warehouse in bradford who replaced my neck seal on my dry suit, quoted a reasonable 10 days to do it in but when i called them to say I was an addict suffering withdrawel symptoms and could they do it in 3 days instead , they happily did. Paul then  spent an hour talking twinsets with me but instructed me NOT to buy anything yet since I needed to decide what I wanted .
I think having a recommended section is possibly more positive than the alternative, but warning people about cowboy opertors is also important.
Jules

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Like the YD recommended idea "inTheory"
I agree anyone that gives good customer service should get the recognition they deserve, likewise if the service and attitude stinks people should be aware.  Think the problem here would be how to you determine a criteria for recommendation?   Satisfaction and criteria for praise can sometimes be a individual thing don't ya think?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.