YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
TDI Instructor Trainer
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

There is definitely enough interest in this course to make it worth while, even though it is the day after the Stoney event.

Details are;

Course:                   TDI Basic Nitrox
Date:                      Sunday 22nd Feb
Duration:                 Half day
Cost:                      £70
Deposit:                  £50 on booking, balance on day of course.
Requirements:          Open Water Diver or equivalent
Min age:                  15 years
Includes:                 Instruction, course manual, certification, qual card, charts, tea/coffee/biscuits
Equipment Required: Pencil, calculator, no diving equipment
To book:                Post below/send me a PM/email me and then send a deposit to
                             Mark Powell
                             Dive-Tech
                             12 Weston Road
                             Guildford
                             Surrey
                             GU2 8AS
Description:             This half day entry level course is available to all divers who wish to explore the many advantages of Nitrox diving and begin to expand their horizons. The qualification allows the diver the use of Nitrox from 22% to 40%. The half day course covers the history of Nitrox, its advantages, and disadvantages, oxygen toxicity, equivalent air depths, maximum operating depths, nitrox computers and gas analysis. We provide manuals etc., no dives are involved unless you request them and all that is required by you is a calculator and some common sense.

Please note that this course is run independantly of the management of YD. YD has not endorsed this course and will be in no way held responsible for content, safety or any other aspect of this course.

·
TDI Instructor Trainer
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

I can confirm that the deposit is £50

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

Hi Mark -

Cheque will be in the post tomorrow. My other half may be interested in doing it as well - assume I can confirm that with you later if she decide she wants to?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Includes:                 Instruction, course manual, certification, qual card, charts, tea/coffee/biscuits
Can we have those biscuits with the creamy bits in the middle please?

Tom

·
TDI Instructor Trainer
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

No problem for additional registrations.

As it's a dry course we can add additional people fairly easily. The only disadvantage is not having much time to review the course docs but I guess as it's your other half it's not a problem to look at yours.

I was originally thinking of Bourbons and Digestives but I'm open to requests.  

·
TDI Instructor Trainer
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Course pack will be sent this week to those that have registered.

Still time to register if you are interested.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Imported post

I dont know if you meant the current week or upcoming week (this week). Just checking as parcelforce are crap in my area.

·
TDI Instructor Trainer
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

I've been chasing them up today and I have confirmed that they have all gone out.

Let me know if you have sent in a deposit and haven't received a package by tomorrow or Saturday.

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

Mine arrived this morning

Who's going to be there from YD - just me, gblades & cragcrawler? (plus Teacher of course).

·
TDI Instructor Trainer
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Imported post

The teamsheet so far is

tom
Paul Bogle
gblades
cragcrawler
Nigel Turner

plus me.

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

The address is on the letter etc

I'm not clear whether it's actually a shop or Mark's house or what - Mark? If you've got any vague directions how to find it that would be really useful too...

Tom

·
Registered
72 Posts
Imported post

Ahh, I saw that address but pretty sure I read somewhere the address would be sorted once the numbers were set. Presumably that's the same address as in the first post in this thread?

·
TDI Instructor Trainer
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Imported post

As there are only five on the course we can hold it at the address in the letter rather than a seperate classroom.

A map is here.

Coming south on the A3 leave at the Guildford exit signposted for the Spectrum Leisure centre.

Turn left at the bottom of the slip road and then turn right immediately at the main junction onto the main road.

Follow the road along past the Ladymead retail centre and straight on to the roundabout under the A3.

Go around the roundabout and up the slip road to the trafic lights and turn left then left again at the bus stop and then left again at the end.

Number 12 is just down on  you left.

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

Thanks Mark, even I should be able to follow those instructions!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts